Windows Administrator Technical Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Baxter Bloomington
Baxter Bloomington urgently required following position for Windows Administrator Technical Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Windows Administrator Technical Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Baxter Bloomington Jobs Details:
Windows Administrator/Technical Analyst
Baxter International/Medical Device Manufacturing
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services.
The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries.
Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
- Provide 24-hour support for network and server environment in which computer-based equipment is involved in pharmaceutical manufacturing. Administration of Windows 2008, 2003, 2000, and NT servers, Cisco network support, Citrix and VMWare and control software troubleshooting and design modification.
- System monitoring, patching, and troubleshooting support.
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Finishing personnel to install, configure, and maintain their systems.
- Assists in the design, development and support of the systems in response to business requirements.
- Day-to-day support of server and network systems responsibilities.
- Provide Level 2 Helpdesk Support
- Participate in design, development, implementation of solutions involving multiple platforms and multi-tiered architectures.
- Produce, follow and enforce Quality Assurance standards to deliver stable, reliable, and highly available solutions.
- Conduct on-going assessments of existing platforms/architectures; make recommendations to keep commitments to these technologies functional/current.
- Implements/uses fact-based metrics to continuously improve on quality/efficiency of solutions, assure business-value delivery
Experience, Knowledge, Skills
Progressive Experience with installation and support of Windows OS including Server 2008.
Design, implementation and support of VMWare
Server builds and maintenance following best practices
Deploying system/security patches
Knowledge/experience with Data Center management, maintenance and best practices
DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP network protocols and Wireless communications
Basic firewall principles.
Extensive exposure to evaluation, selection, adoption and management of new technologies and related infrastructures.
Knowledge of incident, problem and change management policies/procedures within staff and organization.
- Strong understanding of/experience with, service-based organizational environments.
- Proven participation in successful IT projects, implementation, upgrades and regular support activities.
- Ability to work on-call 24x7 as part of a weekly rotation
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant technical experience.
- Technical certifications preferred from Cisco, Citrix, Microsoft and VMWare
Experience with Windows clustering a plus
Experience with Citrix is a plus
Programming/Scripting experience a plus
Experience with SAN, Backup/Recovery a plus
Experience with SCADA systems a plus
Experience in maintaining quality documentation required in a 21 CFR Part 11 compliant environment a plus.
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Frequently required to sit, stand and use hands to perform data entry
- Occasionally required to perform simple grasping, use hands for fine manipulation, and to reach above shoulder level and under desks.
- Need close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs or more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.