Patient Care Tech Health Unit Crd Progressive Jobs Vacancy in Intermountain Healthcare Provo
Intermountain Healthcare Provo urgently required following position for Patient Care Tech Health Unit Crd Progressive. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Patient Care Tech Health Unit Crd Progressive Jobs Vacancy in Intermountain Healthcare Provo Jobs Details:
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together.
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The PCT/HUC functions as both:A Patient Care Tech who functions as a clinical support partner to assist the patient care team by performing various tasks and procedures as instructed by a licensed professional.A Health Unit Coord who under the direction of nursing leadership, the Health Unit Coordinator facilitates unit organization and patient care by assisting in the coordination of patient, nursing, physician and other health care provider office and clerical activities.
Essential Job Duties
- Prioritizes and delivers basic patient care which may include toileting, bathing, linen and clothing changes, fresh water and ice, ambulating, comfort measures, and other patient needs.
- Assists with admission, discharge, and transfer of patients.
- Provides excellent customer service when responding to patient/family requests.
- Reports and records patient care findings and data in a timely manner. Reports changes in the patient condition quickly, and secures qualified assistance as needed.
- Based on unit, may also be responsible for telemetry duties.
- Can function as a patient care attendent by monitoring patient, taking care of patient care needs, and involving other members of the patient care team as needed.
- When working on a clinical unit, may be required to take medications from the delivery system to the RN.
- Collaborates and consults with RN and other members of the interdisciplinary team for best patient care.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork, prioritization, communication, and organization.
- Performs non-nursing duties as delegated, i.e.: cleaning, stocking, answering phones, clerical support, providing directions, etc.
- Implements plan of care as delegated.
- Performs assigned duties within Scope of Practice and performs specialized procedures with skill validation and according to regulatory standards. Fosters a safe environment by complying with the safety policy and taking appropriate action in an emergency.
Patient Care Support and Clerical Activities:
- Answer patient call lights.
- Schedules tests and treatments as ordered.
- May provide access control to visitor entrance to secure units.
- Answers unit telephones and disseminates information appropriately.
- Processes, organizes, files and maintains patient and unit records.
- Transcribes physician orders.
- Acts as unit receptionist.
- May organize, stock and maintain supplies on the unit.
- Entry Rate: $12.66 or more, depending on experience.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-time, 36 hours/week. Night shift.
- Department: Progressive Care Unit, Utah Valley Hospital
Additional Details: Progressive Care Unit is an intermediate care unit with a medical focus (pneumonia, sepsis, stroke, overdoses, etc.) or a step-down ICU setting.
We have 16 beds. Top admitting diagnoses: stroke, acute renal failure, sepsis, DKA, drug overdoses, respiratory distress, pneumonia, etc. All patients require continuous cardiac monitoring and all RN’s are required to obtain ACLS (if they don’t already have it) within 6 months of their hiring date. Shift start for day shift is 0600-1830 and night shift is 1800-0630. RN’s also work with Patient Care Technician’s (PCT’s) to deliver extraordinary care.
- Current CNA certification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Clerical or customer service experience.
Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- CNA experience or applicable healthcare experience.
- Current enrollment in nursing school.
- Basic computer skills,
- Experience as a Secretary in a hospital.
- Experience using electronic medical records.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Activation Date: Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, May 30, 2018