Contracts Manager Jobs Vacancy in Cubic Corporation New York
Cubic Corporation New York urgently required following position for Contracts Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Contracts Manager Jobs Vacancy in Cubic Corporation New York Jobs Details:
Under the general direction of the Senior Contracts Manager, manages prime contract and related subcontract activities to ensure that all requirements and obligations are fulfilled. Tasks include coordinating and submitting proposals, and leading negotiations. Together with the Project Management Team, proactively anticipates, identifies, analyzes and informs management of the financial, legal and performance risks that can impact success. Ensures Cubic continues to manage its contractual obligations (internal and external) and keep management informed regarding performance under assigned Contracts/Subcontracts. This position typically exercises discretionary and substantial decision-making authority under limited supervision and direction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts contract and subcontract formation and administration activities on a wide range of mostly fixed price type contracts for transit systems consisting of hardware, software, installation, related banking and retail, and other services for large local government public transit customers, from initial proposal through performance and including closeout
• Primary point of contact for prime contract and project personnel and is responsible for all contract incoming and outgoing correspondence
• Monitors the status of all contract deliverables for compliance with contract requirements
• Resolves issues regarding contractual performance, including claims, changes, and terminations
• Coordinates submission and negotiation of contract proposals, including change orders
• Responsible for project Change Management and coordination of contractual activities; collaborates with Project Manager to develop effective strategies and recommendations to management for resolution of contractual issues
• Interacts with, confers, briefs, and makes recommendations to Management regarding the progress and impact of potential contract and subcontract-related activities on the project. Prepares contract and subcontract reviews and reports on issues
• Drafts contractual agreements and subcontracts; edits terms and conditions and flow-down requirements to subcontracts based on prime contracts consistent with company Legal and Contract policies
• Manages project related subcontracts to ensure compliance with terms, including schedule and scope of work. Responsible for all subcontract incoming and outgoing correspondence
• Resolves issues regarding subcontractor performance, including claims, changes, and terminations
• Develops subcontract mitigation plans for key subcontracts to ensure program continuity
• Sets up and ensures completeness of contract and subcontract files
• Coordinates contract and subcontract requirements with all functional departments to ensure compliance
• Performs other related duties as directed by the Senior Contracts Manager
• Observes all legal/ regulatory compliance requirements and practices for assigned responsibilities
• Remains current on legal/regulatory updates affecting contracts and agreements
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in a technical or business related discipline with at least eight or more years of progressive experience in contracts and subcontracts management. Demonstrated leadership ability in Contract Management for various types of contracts such as fixed price development, service agreements, hardware and software installation and maintenance agreements etc. for both commercial and federal government customers, ranging in size from $1M to in excess of $50M. Thorough knowledge of prime/subcontract formation and administration activities, and proven ability to effectively negotiate terms, conditions and price. Ability to provide workable solutions to address a wide variety of contractual challenges. Must be able to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines with minimal supervision, working extended hours, as required. Strong written and oral communication skills a must. Microsoft Office skills are imperative. Domestic and international travel required.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.Worker Type: Employee