Systems Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Eab Washington
Eab Washington urgently required following position for Systems Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Systems Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Eab Washington Jobs Details:
EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,200+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards .
For more information, visit our Careers page.
IT Systems Administrator
The IT Systems Administrator installs and maintains EAB’s information systems’ servers and network infrastructure to ensure capacity meets or exceeds operational objectives, and assists with the documentation and monitoring of server and network systems.
This position is based in Washington, D.C.
- Install and maintain server side computers including hardware, operating systems, and server applications.
- Setup and maintain user accounts on server computers and databases.
- Apply permission settings according to policies and management directives.
- Monitor system health and fix or report problems as needed
- Research solutions to problems encountered.
- Monitor system backups, file sizes, and available storage space.
- Monitor system event, security, and audit logs.
- Monitor system performance.
- Maintain information systems security through proper configurations and timely software patches and updates.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years’ information systems administration experience or alternatively 5+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to work with all levels of staff
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills with ability to prioritize in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop appropriate solutions to issues encountered
- Excellent system troubleshooting skills
- Strong service skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to take initiative and perform high-quality work
- Must take initiative for continued technical learning
- Solid, proven ability to administer recent versions of Windows Server, Active Directory/Group Policy, Exchange Server, Office 365, MS SQL Server, DNS, DHCP, SSL, SSH, TCP/IP, Anti-Virus, and other network services.
- 2 + years supporting Linux systems in an enterprise environment
- Proficiency with Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS)
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.