Public Information Rep Jobs Vacancy in University New Mexico Albuquerque
University New Mexico Albuquerque urgently required following position for Public Information Rep. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Public Information Rep Jobs Vacancy in University New Mexico Albuquerque Jobs Details:
The University of New Mexico Press, the largest book publisher in the state of New Mexico, seeks an organized, innovative, resourceful, and dynamic Publicist to join the sales and marketing team. The Publicist develops media campaigns for a select list of new books working closely with authors, editorial staff, and media contacts; maintains relations with print and broadcast media; schedules interviews; assembles contact lists for review copies; writes press releases, pitch letters, newsletters, and promotional copy; develops press kits; manages social media initiatives; oversees book award submissions; participates in press meetings on behalf of the department; collaborates with internal production and editorial staff as necessary; maintains database records and files; assists with other miscellaneous duties as needed; and may represent the press at select press events and conferences, possibly during weekend or evening hours.
Established in 1929, the University of New Mexico Press is the State of New Mexico's largest book publisher and publishes about 50 books a year with over 1200 titles in print. UNM Press also serves as distributor and sales agent for several presses. Our offices are located in Albuquerque, NM.
See the Position Description for additional information.
Conditions of Employment
- Possession of a valid NM Driver's License may be a requirement for some positions in this classifciation.
- If this position is assigned to the Athletics Department, either administratively or functionally, compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations is required.
Bachelor's degree; at least 6 months of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Organization and ability to multi-task and schedule priorities
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Database management skills
- Critical thinking, data analysis and research skills
- Microsoft Office suite to include Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Publishing/book industry experience and knowledge
Official transcripts, High school diploma, or GED certificate will be required for hire. Please see minimum qualifications for specifics.