Director Software Engineering Jobs Vacancy in American Specialty Health Columbia
American Specialty Health Columbia urgently required following position for Director Software Engineering. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Software Engineering Jobs Vacancy in American Specialty Health Columbia Jobs Details:
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an experienced Director, Software Engineering to join our organization. We are looking for creative and analytical problem-solvers to join one of our growing Information Technology teams and help us continue to improve our products and processes so that our members and customers can reach their goals. As a company that heavily relies on cutting-edge IT operations to serve its members, ASH is seeking ambitious individuals with a strong team mentality and a genuine passion for software engineering. Join a company where programming design and quality is expected, appreciated, and nurtured.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health's events on our events page.
- Research, design, develop, and maintain customized modules for existing and new web applications.
- Assist and guide scrum teams in translating business requirements to actionable software deliverables.
- Monitor and analyze software engineering team progress and results within the scrum team and adjust assigned resources as necessary to maintain software engineering goals and milestones.
- Assist IT leadership team with development and execution of multi-year IT strategy and plan.
- Provide guidance and oversight in project planning, technical design, estimating and development schedules.
- Facilitate a culture of innovation and lessons learned among software engineering teams to maximize quality and productivity.
- In-depth knowledge of the larger engineering ecosystem in order to effectively scope and prioritize the technical side of the work.
- Oversee the execution of multiple projects simultaneously and ensuring deadlines are being met, including metrics for software quality and security.
- Cultivate an environment of collaboration, transparency and passion for technical excellence.
- Supervise development staff and work with departmental representatives to coordinate project priorities and progress.
- Evaluate performance, prepare and deliver performance reviews.
- Assist in end user training, testing, and debugging of extranet applications.
- Oversee workflow and project details to ensure project completion meets deadlines.
- Manage development of program documentation, project timelines, and on-line help/training functionality.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Requires a minimum of five to seven years of software engineering experience, including hands-on experience in developing large-scale web-based applications using the latest technologies.
- Healthcare background is a plus.
- Proven management skills of enterprise level websites.
- Engage, manage, mentor and coach a team of software engineers.
- Grow the team by attracting and hiring top talent in management and software engineering.
- Retain and promote career growth for your team.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results. Managing through context rather than control.
- Effectively handle conflict resolution.
- Foster and nurture a team culture of teamwork and selflessness.
- Forecast resourcing and staffing needs and effectively utilize all available resources.
- Partner with others to deliver mission critical software. This includes, but not limited to, Product Owners, Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Software Engineering Managers, QA Managers, UX/UI Managers, System Admins, etc.
View full description
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.