Chief Compliance Officer Capital Markets Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group New York
Bmo Financial Group New York urgently required following position for Chief Compliance Officer Capital Markets. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Chief Compliance Officer Capital Markets Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group New York Jobs Details:
The Chief Compliance Officer, Capital Markets leads and directs the U.S. Capital Compliance organization and serves as a member of the U.S. Compliance Leadership Team. This position is accountable for the effective compliance coverage of regulatory risks and oversight monitoring tools (e.g., surveillance, reviews and reports) of the groups which comprise the U.S. Capital Markets Line of Business. This position oversees the development, implementation and maintenance of a U.S. Capital Markets Compliance program that is in accordance with the BMO U.S. Compliance Risk Management program and BMO’s Legislative Compliance Management Policy, and meets all applicable U.S. regulatory requirements. The Chief Compliance Officer, Capital Markets serves as trusted advisor to U.S. Capital Markets LOB senior management and applies in-depth understanding of U.S. Capital Markets LOB compliance needs to align the U.S. Capital Markets Compliance Risk Management Program with the first line of defense. This position directs the identification, evaluation, implementation and resolution of U.S. Capital Markets Compliance issues surfaced by the Capital Markets Compliance teams, LOB management, auditors and regulators. The Chief Compliance Officer, Capital Markets oversees the preparation and delivery of compliance reporting to U.S. Capital Markets LOB senior management and applicable internal governance committees.
Compliance Oversight and Monitoring/Governance (Risk-Based Model) (50%)
- Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of the BMO U.S. Capital Markets Compliance Risk Management program. Ensure that policies, procedures and programs comply with applicable U.S. regulatory requirements and mitigate risk of non-compliance across the U.S. Capital Markets LOB.
- Collaborate with U.S. Compliance and LOB management to develop and operationalize a strategic plan for oversight and monitoring of regulatory compliance by the U.S. Capital Markets LOB.
- Maintain current, complete knowledge of U.S. regulatory requirements that affect the U.S. Capital Markets LOB. Address changes in regulations and communicate how they affect the U.S. Capital Markets LOB to senior management. C
ollaborate with LOB management on the development and evolution of policies, procedures and programs as industry practices and applicable laws and regulations change.
- Oversee U.S. Capital Markets LOB compliance monitoring activities for all applicable regulatory and Bank compliance requirements, policies, procedures and programs. Communicate the discovery of any non-compliance to senior management in Compliance and U.S. Capital Markets. Ensure appropriate steps are taken to address issues on the basis of a risk-based model, and verify appropriate and timely issue resolution
- Report on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls over regulatory risk using appropriate metrics for U.S. Capital Markets to the U.S. Compliance Leadership team and LOB management. Oversee the preparation of reports for various internal governance committees.
- Advise Compliance and LOB management on the design and delivery of
Compliance regulatory training for LOB employees, and oversee the delivery and maintenance of training programs.
- Oversee the administration of applicable registrations for LOB legal entities and employees.
Regulatory and Executive Consultation (20%)
- Demonstrate confident leadership, sound judgment, creativity, a practical approach and commitment to achieving excellence in compliance risk management; and the ability to do so on the basis of a risk-based model.
- Serve as a key contact for U.S. regulators on behalf of the U.S. Capital Markets LOB and Compliance team.
- Foster and maintain strong and trusted relationships with key regulators, including the OCC, FRB, CFPB, FINRA, the SEC, and OSFI.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with executives and senior management of the U.S.
LOB. Collaborate with senior management to promote understanding of LOB-specific risks, regulatory requirements and their impact upon
LOB and Compliance management on the implementation and resolution of regulatory policies and issues.
- Collaborate with Legal to advocate for the interests of the U.S.
LOB in public policy positions through industry and direct submissions to governmental and regulatory organizations.
- Serve on the extended Compliance leadership team and participate on Bankwide committees to provide the U.S. Capital Markets Compliance perspective to senior management.
Development of High-Performing Team (30%)
- Recruit, lead, manage and develop a diverse U.S. Capital Markets Compliance team using effective training, performance assessment and coaching techniques.
- Provide planning, leadership and direction to employees in order to align tasks and assignments with Compliance and Bank goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership and oversight in the recruitment, selection, retention, rewarding and development of employees.
- Ensure fair administration of Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Apply the Bank's performance management system to subordinates, including establishing goals and objectives, assessing skills and knowledge gaps, allocating resources to achieve objectives and close gaps, and assessing personal effectiveness
- Post graduate level degree in risk, legal or finance or related field of study, with related compliance certifications a plus
- 12+ years relevant work experience in Risk/Compliance in financial services industry, including management experience in Capital Markets compliance
- Demonstrated expertise in effectively communicating the roles and importance of each of the three lines of defense, as well as proactively identifying regulatory risk
- Effective leadership capabilities, including expert communication, change management, sound judgement, relationship management, and negotiation skills
- Expert knowledge of applicable U.S. regulatory requirements and how they apply to Bank operations
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, inclusive of Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities.
Primary Location United States-New York-New York
Job Posting 01/12/18
Unposting Date 01/19/18