Field Service Technician Telecommunications Jobs Vacancy in Teksync Technologies Austin
Teksync Technologies Austin urgently required following position for Field Service Technician Telecommunications. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Field Service Technician Telecommunications Jobs Vacancy in Teksync Technologies Austin Jobs Details:
Teksync Technologies is an IT Services and Telecommunications company based in Houston, TX. We are looking for Field Service Technicians for the Austin market. We are a small family owned and operated business looking for candidates that are interested in growing with us. The ideal candidate for this role will have 5+ years of experience troubleshooting telephony issues in commercial environments, low voltage cabling (installing, terminating and testing), installing and servicing network equipment (e.g., router, switches, and wireless access points), computer equipment, point of sale systems, and IP cameras.
This is a fast paced job that requires a lot of driving to customer sites. Most sites are within a 30 mile radius of downtown Austin, but at times you may be tasked to drive as far as San Antonio. If you have an issue driving to San Antonio in your own vehicle please do not apply for this job.
Flexibility is required as new tickets are often added to your schedule the same day or we may reshuffle the schedule after it has been released to ensure that we have the right skill set working each job and that every job is covered. We pride ourselves in our professionalism, workmanship, and customer service. We do not fail on jobs. We work together to ensure all work is completed while exceeding customer expectations.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience serving as lead on critical jobs and training less experienced technicians
- Understanding blueprints and leading on large scale cabling projects
- Maintain and troubleshoot digital/analog/VoIP phones and lines
- Must know how to perform site telephone audits and cross connects
- Proficient with butt set, tone and probe, punch down and crimp tool. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- T1/PRI/DEMARC wiring extensions and circuit turn-ups
- Installation of Network Equipment (e.g., routers, switches, wireless access points )
- Low Voltage Cabling (e.g., copper, fiber)
- Diagnosis and repair of cabling , call quality issues, and CO dial tone problems
- Cable Testing and Certification
- Experience installing 66 block with 25 pair cable
- Experience installing patch panels and cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, j-hooks, d-rings) Installations will include dressing and routing of cable into telecommunications closets, modular furniture and other work area outlets
- Occasional installation of A/V, IP security cameras, and Point of Sale (POS) systems
- Experience conducting site surveys
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to drive to multiple client locations daily
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented, self-motivated and be able to work proficiently unsupervised.
- Certifications preferred (e.g., BICSI, Commscope, Panduit) but not required.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, work in ceilings and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to pass a drug and criminal background check
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a valid state issued driver’s license
Field Service Technicians will be paid $10 to $20 per hour (paid weekly on Friday) plus the benefits listed below:
- Company Cell Phone for business use
- $300.00 Monthly Vehicle allowance (Covers vehicle maintenance)
- All tools, materials, and testers needed to complete jobs will be provided
- Employee Referral Program $250
- Paid holidays after 30 days of employment
- Annual bonus after one year based on individual and company performance
- Direct Deposit Available
- Overtime after 40 work hours in a week
- Health insurance is not offered at this time
All Open Positions (Each candidate will be assessed for all positions)
Lead Field Service Tech III – Proficient in all four Domains - $20/hr
Field Service II – Proficient in three Domains, one of which must be Domain 1 - $15 - $19/hr
Field Service I – Proficient in any two Domains - $10 - $14/hr
Domain 1 - Telcom Support – 5+ years of experience troubleshooting digital, analog, and VoIP phones and lines, performing cross connects, using common tools (e.g., tone and probe, butt set, Fluke, punch down) and other duties listed under required skills and experience.
Domain 2 – Low Voltage Cabling – Structured cabling inside wiring specialist who is proficient at running and terminating copper, fiber, and coax in large existing and new construction commercial buildings. Related Certifications include BICSI, CommScope and Panduit.
Domain 3 - Smart Hands Support - Field-level device support that includes consoling into network equipment for remote management, rack and stack, visual verifications, installs, and troubleshooting (customer assisted). Also, Equipment Relocation and Shipping and Handling of RMA Equipment. Equipment includes but is not limited to PC’s, POS Systems, Network Equipment (Routers, Switches, and Wireless Access Points), IP Cameras, and Media Devices.
Domain 4 - Desktop Support – PC hardware and software support. Basic understating computer networks and client/server infrastructure. Related certification include CompTIA A+, Network+, and Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Field Service Technician: 3 years
- IP camera installation: 3 years
- low voltage cabling in commercial environments: 3 years
- point of sale (POS) installation: 3 years
- demarc extensions: 3 years
- telecom troubleshooting: 3 years
- router, switch, and wireless access point installation: 3 years
- High school or equivalent