Administrative Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Raytheon McLean
Raytheon McLean urgently required following position for Administrative Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Raytheon McLean Jobs Details:
Job Summary: Responsibilities include a variety of administrative tasks to ensure effective and efficient operations of the McLean, VA office location. Specific responsibilities include managing calendars, arranging travel, preparing expense reports, responding to general internal business inquiries, scheduling and assisting with the set-up of meetings.
This individual is expected to foster a collaborative work environment while balancing the needs of internal staff and external business partners. It is essential that this person exercises excellent judgment and discretion when interacting with others and in managing information. Ideal candidate is very professional, organized, able to multitask, and has strong written and verbal communication skills.
Respond to general internal business inquiries.
Administrative support for 2 executives and 26 on-site employees, to include:
- Manage calendar for Director of SSD
- Schedule and coordinate events
- Book travel arrangements, including several staff members with heavy travel schedules (to include international travel)
- Initial preparations of expense reports
- Manage team calendar and shared file collaboration spaces.
- Arrange catering for meetings
- Support preparation of documents, spreadsheets, and presentations using the appropriate Microsoft Office tools.
- Assist with the recruiting process by scheduling candidate interviews.
Receptionist for visitors to the office:
- Be welcoming, enthusiastic, professional, and courteous.
- Register visitors and provide escort or non-escort badges as appropriate.
- Notify security upon arrival of classified visitors.
Serve as the office manager for AST’s Northern Virginia Office (NVO), to include:
- Maintain stock of office supplies, printer toner cartridges, coffee and tea service, etc.
- Coordinate maintenance, remodeling, and upgrades.
- Ensure general cleanliness and upkeep of facilities.
- Coordinate monthly site safety meetings. Participate as a member of the site safety team and emergency response team.
- Set-up orientation for new employees
- Send/receive mail and shipments.
- Support site safety, security, and continuity of operations planning.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 6+ years of related work experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional, positive, and collaborative attitude.
- Ability to work with remotely located staff
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated experience planning and organizing schedules and events
- Strength to function effectively with minimal supervision to prioritize and accomplish multiple, time-constrained tasks in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Aptitude to respond with good judgment to non-routine requests or situations
- Capability to provide effective customer support to team members, employees, and candidates through reliable, quick and accurate problem resolution. Resolve requests while maintaining composure and escalating as appropriate.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance within 1 year of hire date
Desired Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Prior experience in supporting a defense, aerospace, or intelligence community business area.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Sharepoint, & SAP tools
- Direct experience working within an operational business unit and/or a business development functional environment.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. 110645
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.