Office Specialist Jobs Vacancy in City Colorado Springs Colorado Springs
City Colorado Springs Colorado Springs urgently required following position for Office Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Office Specialist Jobs Vacancy in City Colorado Springs Colorado Springs Jobs Details:
This at-will position is grant-funded through July, 2019, with a possibility of extension.
Learn about the City of Colorado Springs as an employer and what our beautiful city has to offer as a place to live and work by clicking on the following links: http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
This information may change annually.
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Perform general clerical, secretarial, and recordkeeping duties
- Type probable cause affidavits, warrants, and reports
- Maintain filing
- Sort and distribute daily mail
- Complete data entry for tracking of case information
- Serve as a Notary Public
- Serve as a resource for detectives to find information on people of interest via the Intranet, Internet, Colorado Springs Utilities, and internal and external databases
- Perform criminal history checks using established procedures
- Develop and maintain IU rosters and schedules
- Perform other related duties as needed
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods, and equipment, including computers and supporting software (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of full-time clerical or related support experience
- Experience providing administrative support for law enforcement
- Ability to type 40 net words per minute
- Colorado Notary Public
Physical Demands: The ability to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally is required; sitting most of the time.
Primary Work Environment - Office environment
Extreme Temperature - Never
Wetness and Humidity - Never
Respiratory Hazards - Never
Noise and Vibrations - Never
Physical Hazards - Never
Mechanical and/or Electrical Hazards - Never
Exposure to Communicable Diseases - Never
The job offer will be contingent upon successful completion of a polygraph examination, extensive background check, and other pre-employment assessments.
Applicants that have used marijuana within 18 months from the date of their application submission will not be eligible for hire. More information about the Colorado Springs Police Department's Marijuana Use Policy can be found at https://coloradosprings.gov/police-department/page/marijuana-use?mlid=5091.
This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
Please visit https://coloradosprings.gov and click on 'Apply for a City Career' > 'City Career Postings – Apply Now' button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the status of your application, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to http://coloradosprings.gov/jic
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer