Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Dhl Supply Chain Southwest Houston
Dhl Supply Chain Southwest Houston urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Dhl Supply Chain Southwest Houston Jobs Details:
DHL Supply chain is part of the SUPPLY CHAIN division of Deutsche Post DHL Group, the world's leading logistics and mail communications company, with over 325,000 people in practically every country on the planet.
And yet they all have one important thing in common:
That's because logistics drives our world, but people are what connect it. Delivering service, quality and sustainability, every single day to every single customer, is how we're able to bring people together and mae a difference to their lives.
We are looking for people ready to help us achieve our vision to become the supply chain solutions company for the world. We hope you will consider how you can be a part of it.
We are now hiring an Administrative Assistant II full-time position, at our new location in Desoto, TX.
Provide administrative and clerical support to management including the management of personnel records. Work under general supervision of the General Manager while providing personal secretarial services and administrative assistance. Exercise discretion and judgement on occasion and provide courteous, responsive, and accurate information to associates.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Screen telephone calls and visitors, deciding who can be redirected to subordinate managers or other offices. Provide information to callers, requiring detailed knowledge of the manager's are of responsibility and general knowledge of company policies, practices and operations.
- Perform confidential administrative functions where reports could have an effect on cost. (Typing, proofing and assembling reports or proposals for customers or outside agencies and taking, transcribing and distributing minutes for important meetings)
- Maintain departmental records and prepare reports.
- Schedule meetings and appointments and arrange travel and hotel accommodations as necessary.
- Open and review all mail directed to managment staff. Compose responses to routine inquiries, and decide which items can be delegated to subordinate managers, and forward the appropriate items.
- Follow up on all assignments delegated to subordinate managers as to status, completion, etc.
- Maintain administrative filing system including items that are confidential.
- Process weekly payroll records.
- Serve as central communication point for associates.
- Operate office equipment including fax, copier, printer, and binding machines.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- 2 years related experience
- Strong verbal, written communication, and time management skills
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Ability to file, alphabetize and sort
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to effeciently manage workload
- Ability to learn new software systems and tasks quickly
- Ability to compose routinne letters and to edit and proofread business coorespondence adn reports
- Ability to learn the manager's areas of responsibility and company policies, procedures, and operations
- Ability to perform administrative duties of moderate complexity such as arranging meetings and responding to inquiries without much notice or direction
- Ability to follow rules and work procedures
- Ability to read, understand, and follow directions/instructions
- Ability to read and concentrate via computer data entry typing and proofreading-up to 50% of time.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. This employer participates in e-verify.
DHL Supply Chain offers competitive salary and full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance and 401(k) participation with company matching for all full time associates. We are looking forward to your application.
DHL Supply Chain would like to thank everyone who submits a resume for this position. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contactd. DHL Supply Chain is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.