Public Relations Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Purple Group Chicago
Purple Group Chicago urgently required following position for Public Relations Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Public Relations Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Purple Group Chicago Jobs Details:
Established in 2001, Purple Group is an award-winning strategic marketing communications and advertising firm that focuses on creating, communicating and delivering offerings that provide value for our clients and our society. Whether it’s for health, education, financial services, real estate, housing, or transportation, we are advocates for positive impact.
This role will play a leadership role in directing our client's Public Relations efforts. This client-facing position creates, manages, and implements public relations campaigns and maintains strong relationships with key media contacts as well as clients. The individual would develop strategies to pitch client stories to multicultural and general market media across multiple channels, emails, social media, phone call, etc in order to achieve placements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and direct public relations programs
- Write and deliver press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, social media content, and speaking proposals
- Work with various media channels to pitch stories and garner placement on behalf of clients
- Ensure consistent framing of messages for assigned clients
- Create marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic
- Copy, edit, proofread, and revise communications/content as needed
- Promote clients, as defined in project scopes, through public relations initiatives
- Identify, develop and execute communications strategy for key media contacts and customer references
- Research media coverage and industry trends
- Develop fresh story ideas
- Conduct extensive media outreach
- Collaborate with creative services and client services to develop advertising, marketing communications and integrate communications for each client
- Prepare briefing materials
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics
- Coordinate client outreach initiatives within the frame of the PR & marketing plan
- Other projects, based on business needs
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree (BA/BS) in communications, advertising, marketing, journalism or other communications focus from a four year, accredited college or university, or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years in an agency or client environment developing & executing campaigns.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skill
- Self motivated, high attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of multicultural market preferred, or willing to catch up fast
- Strong knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Word
- Spanish Bilingual/Bicultural a plus
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to excel in a team based environment
- Strong ability to form long-term relationships with mid-senior level employees within agency client organizations
- A positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment with multi-disciplinary teams required.
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- Paid Time Off
- Group Health Plan
- Voluntary Dental
Job Type: Full-time
- Public R: 5 years
- Bi-lingual, bi-cultural Spanish