Category Planner Jobs Vacancy in Sysco Houston
Sysco Houston urgently required following position for Category Planner. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Category Planner Jobs Vacancy in Sysco Houston Jobs Details:
Company: Sysco Houston
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Responsible for achieve company inventory management goals for assigned products which includes but is not limited to: exemplary customer service, PO accuracy (cost, quantity, dates), minimal spoilage and shrink, and managing inventory to the lowest possible DSO
Execute a replenishment strategy that supports supply chain efficiencies
- Manage Inventory DSO, aged inventory, obsolete inventory, spoilage and shrink to achieve corporate goals
- Manage and process purchase orders in compliance with corporate guidelines
- Maintain PO product and freight cost accuracy Manage forecasting and demand planning for customer events, business shifts, and seasonality changes
- Collaborate with local, market and corporate merchandising teams, suppliers, and other functional areas.
- Demonstrate an intermediate level of proficiency of the Manhatten inventory planning tool DPR, to drive teams performance as indicated by DPR scorecards, dashboards and merchandising KPIs
- Work with logistics team to maximize supply chain efficiencies
- Work with operations to develop programs to maximize efficiencies in receiving and warehousing
- Manage OpCo level SKU count (min 1,800 – 2,299 SKUs vendor direct) and resolve replenishment issues as required. Performance to be sustained at this level while meeting established Key Performance Indicators.
- Follow and react to market conditions within established corporate and market guidelines
- Manage forecasting and demand planning
- Support product recalls as required
- Execute enterprise purchasing initiatives
- 1+ year professional business experience. Purchasing/merchandising experience preferred. May substitute a Bachelors degree in lieu of experience.
- Experience working within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment
- High school diploma required.
- Strong excel skills
- Inventory Management/Purchasing experience in distributor with 10,000+ SKUs
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to work cross functionally across the enterprise
- Strong attention to details and follow up
- Proactive attitude to highlight and address issues as they arise
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to understand/execute standard replenishment processes and best practices
- Strong tactical replenishment execution skills & understanding of product forecasting
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers to execute the inventory depletion process
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time