Engineering Development Program Electric Drives Full Time Jobs Vacancy in John Deere Moline
- Engineering Development Program Electric Drives Full Time
- John Deere
- Moline IL
- 13 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
John Deere Moline urgently required following position for Engineering Development Program Electric Drives Full Time. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Engineering Development Program Electric Drives Full Time Jobs Vacancy in John Deere Moline Jobs Details:
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Moline
Title: Engineering Development Program - Electric Drives (Full Time) 2018a - 37008
We’re hiring for the 2018 full-time engineering development program where you will do three to four rotations through different areas of electric drives product engineering. All rotations will focus on the technical specialty of electric drives product development and will include aspects of agriculture electric drive system development, construction electric drive system development, power electronics and motor control software component development, and electric drive system and component verification and validation.
During the rotations, you will:
- Perform analysis and design of the electric drive system consisting of electric machines, power electronics, control systems, and related systems. Make recommendations to optimize system performance, while meeting the application requirements.
- Define and develop the engineering requirements for electric drive systems.
- Work with vehicle product engineers to integrate the electric drive system into the vehicle. This involves designing electric drive system interfaces and specifying the related vehicle systems.
- Develop appropriate system models representing the dynamics of the electric drive components, systems, vehicle interactions, and control algorithms.
- Execute test or analysis plans for product verification and validation of electric drive components and systems.
Product Engineering Opportunities
- Electric machine component design
- Power electronics component design
- Control system and algorithm development
- Electric drive system design
What Skills You Need
- Currently pursuing or recent college graduate with a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related degree.
- Desired cumulative GPA of 3.4 or above on a 4.0 scale. Minimum cumulative GPA required of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
- Coursework or research experience in any of the following areas: motor control, power electronics, electromagnetics, electric machine design, control systems, variable frequency drives, drive system design, or hybrid vehicles (or equivalent experience).
- Working and theoretical knowledge of circuit theory and basic electronics/electromagnetics.
- Some experience with lab equipment such as dynamometers, high speed data capture, current sensors and other tools for design and debug of electric drives components.
- Proficiency in MATLAB/SIMULINK or similar simulation tools.
Location, location, location! We have locations across the United States so you must be willing to relocate domestically
Work Statement: US Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.