Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in University Utah Salt Lake City
University Utah Salt Lake City urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in University Utah Salt Lake City Jobs Details:
The Honors College is looking for a dynamic Administrative Assistant seeking a high-energy work environment where they can make a positive impact. This rewarding position will require a personable candidate that is proficient in an office setting. We are seeking a candidate that has extremely strong inter-personal and organizational skills to become part of our team.
Under the leadership of the Director of Finance and Administration this position will be responsible for performing such tasks as:
1. Serves as the first point of contact for the Honors College fielding telephone calls, greeting and directing visitors. Relied upon to open and close the Honors Center daily.
2. Assists with financial functions such as preparing payment requests, Ushop, PCard reallocations, travel arrangements, and deposits.
3. Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, filing, and coordination of building repairs or maintenance.
4. Maintain files and records in compliance with established procedures and standards to ensure completeness, confidentiality and easy retrieval.
5. Schedules appointments and maintains supervisors or departments calendar.
6. Assist in the arrangements of various College events.
7. Completion of data entry for various projects.
8. Other duties as assigned
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Nearly continuously: office environment Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Associate degree in business or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education) and three years full-time secretarial experience required. Demonstrated human relations and effective written and verbal communication skills required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Experience working in an academic setting.
Demonstrated ability to be prompt and reliable.
Motivated to acquire knowledge and expertise to add value to the position and the Honors College.
Looks forward to being part of and contributing to a team.
Knowledge of basic bookkeeping practices and direct supervisory experience preferred.