Assistant Controller Jobs Vacancy in Staffing Boston
Staffing Boston urgently required following position for Assistant Controller. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Controller Jobs Vacancy in Staffing Boston Jobs Details:
Our start-up Bio-pharma client in the Boston area is looking for a Assistant Controller to join their growing organization! Reporting directly to the Controller, you will work closely with executive leadership as a key contributor to furthering the growth of the financial and operational infrastructure of the organization. This is an extremely hands-on role, overseeing one to two accountants and working on various facets of the business including: internal controls, stock administration, some treasury and financial planning & analysis; reporting and compliance and other transactional responsibilities.The ideal candidate will have 8+ years’ experience at the management level within a small bio-tech, med device or bio-pharma company; experience with SEC reporting and taking a company through an IPO is a plus.This is an amazing opportunity to get in at the ground level and make an impact!
- Oversee financial and accounting compliance matters (private- and public-company), maintaining controls throughout the business to protect company assets and identify potential risks
- Preserve and safeguard financial reporting, policies, procedures and internal controls are aligned with the US GAAP and other applicable regulatory requirements
- Manage/oversee all accounting operations, ensuring adherence to GAAP
- Develop and mentor team to establish group structure and work flow to meet department goals
- Develop/expand finance-related infrastructure and work closely with senior group leaders to implement and evolve these as needed to meet strategic and operational business needs
- Support all major company transactions (funding, partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, etc.)
- Oversee financial planning and analysis, developing models, providing analytical reports and establishing related processes as appropriate
- In collaboration with the CFO, develop company-wide budgets, project manage the annual budgeting process, maintain comparatives and work closely with senior group leaders to meet/exceed approved levels
- Oversee cost accounting and execute on the related matters such as, conducting variance analysis, comparing expenses/costs with plans and trends, determining related key business drivers, identifying gaps and helping develop plans/processes/procedures for improvement
- Recommend process improvement and changes to work-flow as needed
- Developing relationships and acting as primary point of contact to external accountants and banks
- Implement equity management system, and maintain equity capitalization table and equity records
- Implement ERP system, working closely with cross-functional groups and leaders to develop and implement streamlined processes, and report on financial and non-financial metrics
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance, CPA, MBA and other certifications preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience in accounting and finance positions with progressive responsibility and success within like-industries
- Experience with IPO/public company requirements