Office Support Jobs Vacancy in Clayton State University Morrow
Clayton State University Morrow urgently required following position for Office Support. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Office Support Jobs Vacancy in Clayton State University Morrow Jobs Details:
Provides administrative support to the department through the processing graduate applications, database management and front office support and coordination; assists staff with other graduate related activities, as appropriate. Assists the School of Graduate Studies in a variety of recruiting activities. The position reports to the Graduate Program Manager.
The applicant offered this position may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Computer proficiency required; some previous experience with Banner required.
Minimum Education Requirements
Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree required.
• Process applications for domestic and international graduate applicants to the eight graduate programs in the School of Graduate Studies; review and maintain applicant files and on-line data for domestic and international students; notify applicants via email and telephone of the status of their application; prepare complete files for departmental review (includes calculating overall and upper division grade point averages and preparing recommendation forms); process daily mail; scan documents into Banner Xtender; check for required financial documentation for “Accepted” applicants who need an F-1 (student) visa; ensure VOLP documents are received by the appropriate deadlines and update status to nonresident if not received; advise existing and prospective applicants (or their agents) about admission procedures/requirements, and policies; correspond and interact daily with Graduate Program Directors, other Clayton State academic departments and offices, and with other academic institutions and outside agencies concerning matters that affect graduate admission operations.
• Represent School of Graduate Studies at recruiting fairs; make SOGS presentations and answer questions in CSU classes; develop relationships with local businesses and organizations (in coordination with dean and graduate program manager); develop relationships with regional “feeder schools” (in coordination with dean and graduate program manager).
• Prepare and mail all admission decision, academic standing letters, and other School of Graduate Studies correspondence.
• Answer incoming phone and email inquiries and information requests from prospective students, current applicants, students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other external audiences.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Ability of communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Excellent customer service skills required.
• Ability to multi-task, effectively and efficiently manage time, and work independently required.
• Some years of administrative support in an academic administrative setting preferred.
• Ability to understand the diverse needs of students/applicants from multi-cultural/international backgrounds.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please check to see which documents (i.e., resume, CV, cover letter, list of references, recommendation letters, etc.) are associated with this posting. Prior to applying for the position, prepare the electronic versions of these documents to upload or to “copy and paste” when prompted. You will not have the opportunity to attach them after you apply. An official copy of your transcript may be required upon hire for this position. All positions will be open until an adequate applicant pool has been reached. Applicants must meet the posted minimum qualifications for the position at the time of completing and submitting an application.
Clayton State University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, as a matter of University policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII , Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA , ADA , E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230.