Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Verizon Houston
Verizon Houston urgently required following position for Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Verizon Houston Jobs Details:
What you’ll be doing...
The RF Engineer provides technical leadership and subject matter expertise to the RF Design of the submarket’s cellular/LTE network including review of sectors for overarching capacity and coverage challenges.
- Provides strong leadership to the team on all types of designs. Be able to manage multiple projects at a time independently.
- Creating Macro search rings, 5G and Small Cell Polygons, RFP issuance, candidate assessment, and approvals. Performing radio engineering evaluation for system planning and site acquisition; coordinating and planning frequency assignments.
- Using propagation tools such as Atoll to perform system designs of macro new build and modifications, 5G and small cells including antenna and RRH selection and placement.
- Displaying knowledge and skills of ACP and Truecall.
- Redesigning network areas to minimize capacity constraints and improve SINR while working with other areas of network to ensure performance fixes/initiatives are in place.
- Good understanding and knowledge of Capacity Planning by using tools such as MPT and Python. Developing and implement new solutions by evaluating and measuring Capacity Trigger status. Communicating with other Network teams to identify, design, and activate long term build plans.
- Partnering with System Performance to reduce Lost Calls, Ineffective Attempts, Failed connection attempts, Dropped Connections, RRC setup failures, RRC Drops, Context Setup Failures, and Context Drops.
- Using system tools such as FUZE, SiteTraker, Atoll, RFE Compliance, Zite, Real-Time Tool, Truecall, ALPT, RoofMaster ,XNG, SAM, POs Generation.
- Pursuing technical issues, problem solving, and reviewing new technical products/services to the benefit and improvement of the overall network.
- Processes documentation required for FAA/FCC filings and compliance.
- Analyzing Site EME requirements and document required signage and safety requirements.
- Ability to file E911 and troubleshoot using Cart tool. Following up with national teams to ensure load is updated timely.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry with experience in RF Design of CDMA and LTE.
- Knowledge of regulatory filings and compliance including FAA/FCC filings and site EME requirements System Design.
- Valid driver's license.
Even better if you have:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Master degree.
- Experience spanning designing and optimizing CDMA (IS-95, IS-2000 Voice and Data) wireless/cellular systems and LTE. Demonstrated excellent knowledge in the following platforms and/or technologies: System Design including LTE, CDMA, EVDO, GSM; Voice cells infrastructure including Lucent and Motorola; Wireless data service including LTE, CDMA.
- Proficiency in office computer applications and operating test equipment: Datapro or equivalent commercial data collection tools, Windcatcher, Real Time Tool, Chicago Web Page, Zite/SSAT, Alerts, Neighbor List Tool, Autotest, Agilent Tool, Dashboard, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, MapInfo; Atoll, XNG, FUZE; pilot scanners, baseline equipment, spectrum analyzers.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills by developing and completing concise and accurate project plans, and completing projects in a methodical fashion.
- Commitment to excellence, demonstrating company values and policies, initiating action, accepting responsibility for results, and making quality decisions.
- Excellent flexibility to attempt alternative solutions to resolve issues and seamlessly adjust to a dynamic, changing business environment.
- Excellent analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include nights or weekends.
- Willingness to travel, travel may be required (<25%) of the time.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.