Admin Support Asst Jobs Vacancy in Department The Navy Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
Department The Navy Naval Medical Center Portsmouth urgently required following position for Admin Support Asst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Admin Support Asst Jobs Vacancy in Department The Navy Naval Medical Center Portsmouth Jobs Details:
The selectee for this position will serve as a Administrative Support Assistant (OA) GS-0303-07 in the Healthcare Business Directorate of NAVMEDCEN PORTSMOUTH VA.
Responsibilities The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Assisting health system specialists and management analysts on various phases of operations and reporting systems which generate data pertinent to the administration of the directorate.
- Collect, interpret, edit, and analyze data. Establish and maintain contact with various command management analysts and Health System Specialists, as well as external points of contact, at the Tidewater enhanced Multi-Service Market, TRICARE Mid-Atlantic Region 2 (TMAR2), Military Treatment Facilities (MTF), and the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED).
- Maintains and disposes of required records as prescribed by competent authority.
- Directs and coordinates all incoming and outgoing correspondence and report requirements delineated by higher authority.
- Coordinate and schedule submission of input to ensure weekly, monthly or quarterly processing and reporting dealing are met. Review computerized listings to verify accuracy of the data and makes corrections, as necessary.
Travel Required Not required
Supervisory status No
Who May Apply This job is open to… United States Citizens for Interagency Career Transition Assistance Eligibles Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Males must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. www.sss.gov
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period.
- See Other Information section for additional requirements.
- This position requires the ability to type at least 40 words per minute. Your response to the typing skill question on the Occupational Questionnaire will be used in your qualification determination.
- Must be able to obtain an interim and/or final (e.g., confidential/secret/top secret, etc.) security clearance prior to entrance on duty AND must be able to maintain the required level of clearance while employed in the subject position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
Qualifications In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-06 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience performing administrative support and clerical duties for the Director and Associate Director of Healthcare Business.
- Experience monitoring, reviewing, and analyzing the approved budget by the command's Resource Management Office.
- Experience running reports, maintaining shadow copies of time and attendance documentation, and forwarding original documentation to the civilian Payroll Office as directed by the quarterly schedule.
- Experience monitoring directorate's training status/compliance and corrective actions needed to rectify any discrepancies.
Additional information This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
The Department of the Navy uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All qualifications requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance Secret
- Required Documents
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates. To be eligible for ICTAP you must submit appropriate documentation (a copy of your agency separation notice, your most recent performance rating, and your SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location) and be rated well qualified by exceeding the minimum qualification requirements and being able to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position upon entry. For additional information click here
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.