Accountant Jobs Vacancy in City Fontana
City Fontana urgently required following position for Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accountant Jobs Vacancy in City Fontana Jobs Details:
ACCOUNTANT I: $4,811 - $5,850/mo.
ACCOUNTANT II: $5,345 - $6,498/mo.
+ Excellent benefits and 2% salary increase effective July 1, 2018
DEFINITION: To perform a variety of professional accounting duties involving general accounting, recording and reporting of financial transactions; and to prepare financial report statements and special financial analyses. The Accountant I is not expected to perform with the same independence and judgment on matters related to established procedures and guidelines as are positions allocated to the journey level Accountant II class.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The employee must have the ability to:
- Perform responsible routine professional accounting work in the administration and implementation of the City’s financial, treasury and accounting functions.
- Participate in posting, balancing, and reconciling various general ledger accounts and subsidiary accounts.
- Assist in the performance of year-end review of accounts and preparation of adjusting and closing entries.
- Perform responsible complex professional accounting work in the administration and implementation of the City’s financial, treasury, and accounting functions.
- Audit and/or research payroll and other confidential records and reports.
- Prepare and record complex and technical financial transactions.
- Prepare various reports including but not limited to the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission Report, State Controller’s Report, Street Report, and Special District Report.
- Read and interpret the various accounting reports and communicate their meaning to other staff within the division.
- Apply principles and practices of budgeting; prepare and record routine financial transactions.
- Understand and follow laws regulating public finance and fiscal operations.
- Apply governmental accounting principles and practices.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Perform other tasks or functions deemed necessary to the daily operations of the employer.
THE ABOVE LIST OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE AND MAY BE SUPPLEMENTED AS NECESSARY BY THE EMPLOYER.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, bending and stooping in the performance of daily activities. The position also requires grasping, repetitive hand movement, and fine coordination in preparing reports using a computer keyboard. Additionally, the position requires near and far visions in reading written reports and other work-related documents. Acute hearing is required when providing telephone assistance.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES: A combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. The employee must have the knowledge of basic principles and practices of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures and their application to a variety of complex accounting transactions and problems and pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations as related to the municipal accounting process
EXPERIENCE: Accountant I: Some experience in professional governmental accounting is strongly preferred. Accountant II: Two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience in professional governmental accounting. EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s Degree from and accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting or a closely related field.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Possession of a valid CA Class “C” Driver’s License.
For more information regarding benefits, visit our website www.Fontana.org to view the MOU for the City Hall Bargaining Unit.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Prior to completing an application, please read the minimum qualifications for the position in which you are interested. You cannot be considered for a position unless you meet the minimum experience, education, license, and/or certification requirements. Under the work experience section, account for all employment within the last ten years (including gaps in employment), beginning with your current or most recent employer. Applications will be rejected if “SEE RESUME” is written on any portion of this section. The Work Experience section of the application should clearly demonstrate that minimum qualifications are met. All statements made on applications are subject to investigation and verification. False statements will be cause for disqualification, removal from the Eligibility List, or discharge from employment.
SELECTION PROCESS: Following a review of applications submitted, qualified applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process, which may include the date, time, and place of an examination. Written, oral, performance and physical exams may be given (no veterans preference given). All candidates will be required to provide identification before being admitted to written, interview, or performance examinations.
We encourage everyone to file an application with us and we do not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act are available upon request for individuals with disabilities. Please call (909) 350-7650 for additional information or to request an accommodation. The provisions of this job posting do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provisions contained in this job posting may be modified or revoked without notice.
THE CITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RATE CANDIDATES BASED ON A REVIEW OF THE APPLICATION MATERIALS AND TO INVITE ONLY THE MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO PARTICIPATE IN SUCCESSIVE PARTS OF THE SELECTION PROCESS.