The North Face Director Forecasting And Inventory Management Jobs Vacancy in The North Face Alameda
- The North Face Director Forecasting And Inventory Management
- The North Face
- Alameda CA
- 08 Feb, 2018 30+ days ago
The North Face Alameda urgently required following position for The North Face Director Forecasting And Inventory Management. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
The North Face Director Forecasting And Inventory Management Jobs Vacancy in The North Face Alameda Jobs Details:
As an integral part of the Operations Management Team, the Director of Forecasting and Inventory Management is responsible for wholesale demand planning, inventory management, finished goods and raw materials risk management and The North Face’s S&OP cycle. In addition, the Director is charged with developing and tracking against financial ship plans and balancing overall inventory risk, capacity planning and raw materials management cycles. Critical to this role is also managing special projects and driving overall process and business improvement measures. This position provides leadership to impact business initiatives in a positive manner and sets the vision for team and peers. As a seasoned professional, the Director demonstrates clear accountability for business results and for building and executing key initiatives. The Director brings proven experience in process management, systems initiatives, and working cross functionally through multiple disciplines.
- Oversees, manages and drives the performance of the brand Forecasting Team. Direct responsibilities include TNF US wholesale with heavy connectivity to Direct to Consumer (DTC) and Global Markets. Total US wholesale business is $1B+, Global business at $2.3B+
- Oversees, manages and drives continuous improvement of The North Face’s US S&OP cycle
- Develops and drives execution of financial ship forecasts with heavy cross functional connectivity to Finance, Planning, Sales, Distribution and Customer Service
- Drives inventory risk management and best practices from finished goods through raw materials across both wholesale and direct to consumer channels
- Serves as the critical connect point from Merchandising and Sales in to Supply Chain to develop seasonal demand plans
- Partners closely with Supply Planning, Merchandising and Sales to manage risk and production capacity challenges within the buy cycle
- Ensures procedures and processes are executed to meet top-end goals and objectives
- Mentors and directs personnel and other groups to execute projects in a timely and effective manner.
- Partners with other departments to continuously understand processes and procedures within departments and coordinate desired results.
- Measures and improves the accuracy of finished goods, material and capacity planning as well as inventory mgmt.
- Provides leadership for all systems development relating to planning and product development packages (I2, SAP, NGC)
- Manages special projects that drive operational efficiency, speed to market and risk management
- BA or BS degree in Business or Economics and 10+ years relevant and progressive experience.
- Relevant work experience in demand and/or supply planning with a strong end to end knowledge of supply chains
- Should demonstrate ability to manage a diverse group of individuals, lead change and inspire work toward a common goal.
- Must also have a track record of establishing and implementing processes and executing to a clear goal.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to articulate and write process overviews and Best Practice guidelines.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to top management.
- Ability to understand and apply advanced analytical concepts in an operational environment. Expert Excel spread sheet capabilities.
- Strong and demonstrated systems experience.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Travel Required: 10%