Intern Jobs Vacancy in Lendlease Chicago
Lendlease Chicago urgently required following position for Intern. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Intern Jobs Vacancy in Lendlease Chicago Jobs Details:
The Construction Internship gives college students the opportunity to augment their education by performing real world tasks at a major commercial construction firm over a 2 to 3 month summer span. Interns hold meaningful responsibilities in the field and the in the office to help determine their abilities and fit for potentially later being hired upon graduation. Generally, this program draws its participants from recruiting activity at local colleges and universities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified .
- Technical Services
- Learn the estimating processes and procedures while providing valuable assistance to the professional estimating staff.
- Quantity surveys
- Aid in pricing alternates
- Help ensure complete coverage
- May assist the professional scheduling staff while learning the scheduling and logistics processes and procedures
- Project Management
- Learn the essential functions and processes of project management thorough on-the-job training, assisting project managers in most aspects of their work. May include:
- Project Planning
- Help office courier
- Learn procedures for purchase orders, trade contracts and subcontracts
- Aid in set up of job files and logs using Microsoft products and/or other software
- Project Operations
- Assist project team with shop drawings, samples, catalog data (plans and specifications)
- Set up logs consisting of trade/subcontractors and suppliers and assist project team in acquiring Insurance certificates, Contracts, Applications for payment, Material delivery, and Equipment delivery.
- Distribute information in the form of letters of transmittal as required by project team
- Learn phone etiquette
- Quote changes.
- Help acquire pricing and telephone follow-ups.
- Document instructions, requests, decisions, etc., in writing.
- Review and track equipment list.
- May attend weekly owner/architect/contractor coordination meetings.
- Gain a thorough understanding of company processes and procedures relative to field operations as well as a full appreciation for the responsibilities of the job superintendent, including the nature of the working relationship between the project manager and the superintendent.
- Assist in field operations as deemed necessary by the project manager and superintendent.
- Perform plan and specification review
- Schedule updates
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor or Master Degree program scheduled to graduate after December 2018.
- Studying construction management, architecture, civil or related engineering major is preferred.
*** Lendlease is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Click here for an Explanation of your Equal Employment Opportunity rights:
English EEO , Spanish EEO , Arabic EEO , Chinese EEO