Senior Analytics Platform Engineer Downtown Chicago Location Jobs Vacancy in Discover Financial Services Riverwoods
- Senior Analytics Platform Engineer Downtown Chicago Location
- Discover Financial Services
- Riverwoods IL
- 23 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
Discover Financial Services Riverwoods urgently required following position for Senior Analytics Platform Engineer Downtown Chicago Location. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Analytics Platform Engineer Downtown Chicago Location Jobs Vacancy in Discover Financial Services Riverwoods Jobs Details:
Do you want to be on the forefront of the next BIG thing in advancing the analytic technology landscape? Are you driven by the thought of being involved at the ground level of an enterprise wide transformation? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast paced, collaborative environment?
Discover Financial Services is seeking a bright, driven, and talented individual to join a team of passionate and innovative technologists.
*** THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED IN OUR DOWNTOWN CHICAGO OFFICE LOCATED AT 350 N. ORLEANS ***
In this role, you will use your experience and hands on approach with next generation technologies to contribute to a team that delivers the latest streaming & next generation data technologies.
- Contributing member of a high performing, agile team focused on next generation data & analytic technologies
- Work closely with clients and BT team members to understand the departmental stakeholder requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions will be aligned with Discover and BT strategies and compliant with DFSs architectural standards
- Involved in the full life cycle of application and platform development, including design and implementation of build, release, deployment and configuration activities
- Integration of legacy and open-source RDBMS systems with modern technology stacks (Kafka, Elastic, Spark)
- Research, explore, and test a wide array of new open-source technologies and tools.
- Leverage experience and knowledge around Active Directory, Centrify or LDAP to ensure proper authorization and authentication channels are in place for the tools and platforms the team will deliver.
- Engineer and build platforms to host container-based analytics solutions (Docker / Mesos / Marathon)
- Responsible for platform design, capacity and configuration of distributed, big data platforms (Spark, Flink, and Kafka)
- Develop PoCs using emerging technologies for real-time and big data analytics.
- Design, build, and maintain core and supporting components of a streaming data pipeline to support real-time analytics initiatives.
- Research emerging technologies and explore new programming languages
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ year’s experience in Information Technology
- 2+ years Linux/Unix experience including basic commands, shell scripting and solution engineering
- Experience using Docker, CI/CD pipelines (Git, Jenkins, Nexus) and build automation tools like Gradle.
- Experience with real-time messaging / queuing technology (Kafka)
- Experience with design and implementation of REST API-based micro-services (Swagger and similar frameworks)
- 1+ year Analytics focused programming language (Python, R, Scala, SAS).
- 1+ year experience with SMACK and ELK stacks.
- 1+ year experience engineering or supporting solutions within the AWS ecosystem
- Strong ANSI SQL experience
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience with solving problems and delivering high quality results in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Hive, R, Python for data mining and analytics
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL pipelines and relational database platforms
- Experience managing code on Github
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools or underlying algorithms
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.