Sub Crisis Assessment Clinician First Call For Chittenden County Jobs Vacancy in Howard Center Burlington
- Sub Crisis Assessment Clinician First Call For Chittenden County
- Howard Center
- Burlington VT
- 11 Dec, 2017 30+ days ago
Howard Center Burlington urgently required following position for Sub Crisis Assessment Clinician First Call For Chittenden County. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Sub Crisis Assessment Clinician First Call For Chittenden County Jobs Vacancy in Howard Center Burlington Jobs Details:
Join Howard Center's crisis program as a Sub - Crisis Assessment Clinician.
First Call responds to mental health emergencies, with the philosophy that the caller defines the crisis. The population served includes youth and adults in Chittenden County, other family members or natural supports, Howard Center staff, medical and mental health care providers, law enforcement, schools and other community partners.
Provide assessment, intervention, support, assistance and referrals to youth and adults who are experiencing a mental health emergency, emotional distress or are in a self-defined crisis. Sub - Triage Clinicians cover open shifts (day, evening, weekends, overnights) due to vacancies and planned/unplanned time off. Scheduling is done in advance. Consider this position if you have a Bachelor's Degree, are licensed/license eligible and have use of a personal vehicle with a clean driving record.
- Provide clinical services to youth and adults experiencing a mental health emergency.
- Mobile throughout the county, respond to locations that are deemed safe, least restrictive and convenient for client/families.
- Collaborate with family members, medical and mental health professionals, law enforcement, schools and other community partners.
- Navigate the mental health system of care and make referrals to the appropriate level of mental health treatment.
- Clinical documentation and additional administrative tasks
- Bachelor's degree in a mental health field
- License/License eligible in VT
- QMHP credential required after 6 months of employment
- Use of a personal vehicle with a clean driving record
- Ability to perform duties during scheduled shifts, regardless of the time of day or day of week
- Ability to make critical decisions and feel comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of and ability to navigate the mental health system of care for children and adults
- This is a substitute position
- Hourly rate is $21.03.
This position is not eligible for traditional employment benefits, but Howard Center partners with many local businesses to offer voluntary benefits to all employees. While these benefits may change at the discretion of the partner businesses examples of long-standing voluntary benefits include discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, and auto/home insurance, among others.
Howard Center also boasts an award-winning workplace wellness program. HC4ME is a multi-year recipient of the Vermont Governor's Council on Physical Fitness & Sports award. The HC4ME Committee coordinates physical fitness groups for Howard Center staff, occasional activities such as on-site massage, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education including a full-day annual wellness fair for staff.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.