Contract Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Department Defense Greenville
Department Defense Greenville urgently required following position for Contract Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Contract Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Department Defense Greenville Jobs Details:
- Monitors contractor performance for compliance with applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, contract data reporting requirements, and other contractual requirements.
- Coordinates with the buying office on contractor's request for waivers or deviations from contract terms.
- Reviews contract financing requests to assure compliance with the contract.
- Maintains records and registers on the status of various contract administration actions on requirements.
- Assures de-obligation of excess funds, and that special test equipment, tooling, and government-furnished property are accounted for.
- Prepares negotiation to explain rationale and methods used in arriving at the final price agreement.
- Submits full documentation to the Contract Board of Review through the appropriate chain when required.
- Negotiate contract schedules, liquidated damages, finalize direct incurred cost rates and review final vouchers.
- Review contract proposals, prepare authorizations to proceed (ATP) efforts and prepare modifications to definitized ATPs.
- Perform Aircraft over and above review and definitization.
Job family (Series)
- Contracting Managers
- Managers, Contracting
Conditions of Employment
- Possession of a valid state driver's license is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
QualificationsWho May Apply:
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligible
- All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
To qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level GS-09 . Specialized experience is defined as: Experience performing various
contract administration functions including monitoring canceled funds, performing contract funding and payment reconciliation, conducting contract closeouts, maintaining database integrity, determining eligibility and verifying evidence of contractor progress.
Education can be substituted for experience.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Close-Out Contracts
- Contract Performance Management
- Proposal Evaluation (Contracting by Negotiation)
Applicants must meet basic eligibility requirements such as minimum qualifications, and other regulatory requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENT
A bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees AND at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (This requirement can be obtained within the degree or in addition to the degree).
NOTE: Current civilian personnel in DoD, who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000 are exempt from meeting this requirement. Current military members who occupied a similar occupational specialty to the GS-1102 on or before September 30, 2000 are also exempt from meeting this requirement.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available at: www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
- In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e. retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8416(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD instructions 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- This is a Defense Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level II within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- May require overtime work.
- Relocation/Retention Incentive will not be authorized.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- All selections under an announcement must be made within 6 months from the issuance date of the certificate referral list.
- Tour of Duty: Full time.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Bargaining Unit: Yes
- Position has a positive education requirement.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Background checks and security clearance
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply.
If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume .
- You MUST submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package. These documents may include, but are not limited to: For current employment verification, SF-50, DD3434 or other federal agencies official "Notification of Personnel Action" equivalent (Note: SF-52 or agencies "Request for Personnel Action" is not acceptable); For MSP claims PCS orders and marriage certificate; For verification of Veteran status, DD214 (which indicates character of service), SF-15, VA Letter and/or Activation/Deactivation orders.
- Cover Letter, optional
- This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for substitution of education for experience. If you meet this requirement based on education you MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible.
Future Separation from the Military*: You are required to submit a copy of your most recent DD Form 214 (Member 4 Copy) OR certification document** OR a copy of your most recent active duty orders AND a copy of your terminal leave request (if applicable). You will be required to provide your DD Form 214(Member 4 Copy) upon issuance.
* Active duty military members who are selected may not be appointed unless on terminal leave or already separated from the armed forces.
** The "certification" is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted. The Statement of Service must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters, AND the Statement of Service letter must include your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge, Character of Service (i.e. honorable), and, if applicable, when your terminal leave will begin.
Special Employment Consideration: DCMA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. For information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator, please visit http://dcmacareers.com/index.cfm/disabilities/ .
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Join Team DCMA - Challenge yourself!
The Defense Contract Management Agency serves as the independent eyes and ears of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its partners, delivering actionable acquisition insight from the factory floor to the front line around the world. We are an independent combat support agency within the DoD. We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
About the Position: Defense Contract Management Agency uses the Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and appoint qualified individuals directly into shortage category or critical need acquisition positions.
Occasional travel - Business Travel is Required 25% of the time.