Student Business Services Advisor Jobs Vacancy in National University La Jolla
National University La Jolla urgently required following position for Student Business Services Advisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Student Business Services Advisor Jobs Vacancy in National University La Jolla Jobs Details:
National University is the second-largest, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning in California. Since 1971, National University has been dedicated to making lifelong learning opportunities accessible, challenging, and relevant to a diverse student population. Based in San Diego, California, National University offers a wide range of educational opportunities with more than 120 fully-accredited Associate's, Bachelor’s, and Master's degrees, 23 certificates, and credential programs, both on-campus and through innovative online programs. National University also offers a great benefits package to its full-time employees.
The Student Business Services Advisor has responsibility for reviewing and collecting outstanding tuition account balances and loans, and processing payments, while providing excellent customer service in assisting students with resolution of their financial obligations.Essential Responsibilities:
- Review and evaluate accounts that are delinquent 90 days or more, and contact students to assist in resolution of their financial obligations.
- Negotiate reasonable payment arrangements with students on all accounts that have been referred to the central office to recover balance in full within acceptable time frames. Follow up on payment arrangements and pending account requirements.
- Perform collection of Federal Perkins (Title IV) and NU-HELP (institutional) loans, which includes negotiating payments; follow up on payment arrangements, requesting/auditing reports and performing quality control.
- Process payments including obtaining authorization for credit card payments. Effectively communicate pending requirements (i.e., missing paperwork, payments, matriculation, contracts, etc.) to student and/or other departments.
- Process and skip trace returned/bad address monthly billing statements; contact appropriate departments for information as needed. Review, distribute, mail and follow up on outgoing collection letters and incoming correspondence in a timely fashion.
- Act as a liaison between students and third party collection agencies to resolve bad debt accounts. Assist students with a bad debt history who wish to return to the University.
- Efficiently perform written audits of student tuition accounts at the request of students. Process incoming bankruptcy notices, to include notification to third party vendors as required.
- Comply with Department of Education Federal Title IV regulations by reviewing promissory notes, tuition account and financial aid voucher and disbursement screens and Notice of Award for accuracy.
- Associates degree or equivalent years of college attendance, is preferred.
- Two years collection experience; preferably in a higher education environment
- Two years experience in an office environment providing outstanding customer service
- Must possess excellent analytical, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Established knowledge of legal aspects of collecting, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Proven ability to negotiate payment arrangements, to achieve maximum recovery
- Established general accounting and quantitative skills, and computer literacy (including Microsoft programs)
- Must possess flexibility and versatility in order to contribute to evolving work situations
- Must work well independently yet willingly take direction
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion
***National University Is An Equal Opportunity Employer ***
Salary minimum: $14.33 per hour
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website at http://www.nu.edu/OurUniversity/Employment.html (Job ID 5564)
Job Type: Full-time
- Collections: 2 years
- Customer Service: 2 years