Part Time Vet Tech For Surgery Assistance Only Jobs Vacancy in Brother Wolf Animal Rescue Asheville
Brother Wolf Animal Rescue Asheville urgently required following position for Part Time Vet Tech For Surgery Assistance Only. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Part Time Vet Tech For Surgery Assistance Only Jobs Vacancy in Brother Wolf Animal Rescue Asheville Jobs Details:
Brother Wolf is seeking a part time vet tech to assist our contracted veterinarian with surgeries in a hospital setting on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Position: Part Time Veterinary Technician
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt, full time position
Hours and days will vary depending on organizational needs. Includes weekend and holiday work.
Immediate Supervisor: Medical Manager
Availability: Wednesdays and Fridays
General Position Summary :
The Veterinary Technician is responsible for working with partner vets and the medical manager to ensure the overall health and wellness of the animals housed at the Adoption Center and in BWAR foster homes.
Essential Function/Major Responsibilities:
- Assist veterinarian with duties during minor surgeries in hospital setting
- Monitor anesthesia
- Monitor animals recovering from surgery
- Draws blood for testing
- Prepares samples for outbound lab work
- Runs various in house laboratory diagnostics such as fecal tests, cultures, cytologies and skin scrapes.
- Administers vaccines
- Administers sub-q fluids
- Administer oral, topical, and subcutaneous medications as needed.
- Collects and maintains treatment records
- Issues rabies certificates/gives rabies vaccinations
- Assists the staff veterinarian in preparing animals for transport
- Completes ear cleanings and nail trims
- 2 years of prior experience working in the animal medical field, preferably in a shelter environment
- Licensed as a registered vet tech in North Carolina
- Experience caring for and handling animals in a safe and effective manner, especially large or untrained animals
- Familiarity with diseases common to companion animals
- Knowledge of contemporary shelter and clinic maintenance techniques and accepted sanitary practices
- Knowledge of animal behavior including comfort and ability to work with animals of unknown disposition and those who exhibit medical and other problems, as well as aggressive tendencies.
- Rabies innoculations are required or must be waived.
- Ability to identify medical and behavioral problems immediately and communicate them effectively to the medical manager or immediate supervisor.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license and, if hired, be able to bring clean driving printout from DMV.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service, and time management skills essential.
- Genuine affection for animals, concern for their welfare, and a willingness to accommodate animals in the workplace.
- Ability and initiative, working with minimal supervision and direction.
- Maturity, excellent judgment, and a professional, personal appearance.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English is required. Bilingual skills a plus.
- Ability to foster and nurture relationships and public relations beneficial to the organization and our programs.
- Understand, agree with, and live the BWAR mission, values, and vision.
- Familiarity with companion animals, knowledge of their behavior or experience working with or volunteering with a rescue group, humane society, foster care involvement, or other animal welfare agency is a plus.
- Comfortable making decisions in regard to euthanasia in absence of a veterinarian
- Physical ability to walk and or stand on your feet throughout a normal workday required. Ability to bend and squat.
- Physical ability to engage in repetitive motions of legs, arms, and hands and to hear and see clearly.
- Physical ability to push up to 150lbs and to carry up to 50lbs regularly and independently throughout a regular workday required.
- Allergic conditions, which may be aggravated when handling or working with animals, may be a disqualification.
Working conditions :
Conditions may include working alone, working inside or outside during varying weather conditions, frequent interruptions, and some evenings/weekends meetings and classes.
High school graduation required
Licensed to work in North Carolina as a registered veterinary technician
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
- RVT: 1 year