Information Technology Intern Jobs Vacancy in Apollo America Auburn Hills
Apollo America Auburn Hills urgently required following position for Information Technology Intern. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Information Technology Intern Jobs Vacancy in Apollo America Auburn Hills Jobs Details:
Information Technology Intern
Apollo Fire Detectors Ltd is one of the world's largest manufacturers of smoke detectors, modules and notification devices. Established in 1980, Apollo has become one of the top five manufacturers in the world specializing in the design and manufacture of high quality detection products. Other offices can be found in the United Kingdom, China, Germany, and Ireland as well as a network of partners and distributors on all five continents. Apollo is currently looking for dynamic, results driven individual to join as an Information Technology Intern, at our North American headquarters which is located in Auburn Hills.
The IT Intern performs information technology activities and partners with different stakeholders to help build and deliver on key business strategies. There is a strong focus on talent selection, people development, structure, process and culture. Key responsibilities include, but not limited to; SQL database integration & implementation, manufacturing process and procedure automation, systems security design & testing, python software maintenance and integration. The IT Intern is expected to facilitate a collaborative working environment and implement appropriate change management initiatives. This position will report to the Regional IT Manager.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Required to provide extensive data analysis and report creation using a variety of display mediums including Power BI, and the full Microsoft stack.
- Responsible for implementing along with maintaining MS SQL & MySQL databases throughout the business.
- Responsible for providing general software maintenance & minor development work using primarily Python
- Potential opportunity to extensively leverage modern cloud systems such as Azure and AWS while following company guidelines.
- Effectively communicate, establish trust and maintain positive employee relations with all levels of management and employee.
- A “security first” mindset & implementation methodology in all areas is essential.
- Skilled in business process analysis as it relates to integration between information technology and the manufacturing industry would be highly beneficial.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications)
- Working towards their Bachelor’s or Masters in a Computer Science or related area
- 0-2 years of professional experience (including internships)
- Must be willing to work 16 ~ 32 hours a week.
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases & SQL statements
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft technologies especially Power BI
- Strong knowledge of IT security concepts, procedures, & methodologies is essential
- Working knowledge of Python and general software development methodologies is required
- Strong oral/written communication skills & ability to use standard MS Office applications
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organization skills.
- Must possess a highly positive attitude and motivated to achieve outstanding results.
- Working knowledge of web & cloud-based technologies such as HTML/IIS/Azure/AWS highly regarded
- Working knowledge of business standards, processes, & related software such as ISO 9001/Dynamics AX/CRM/Q-Pulse highly regarded
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals who are qualified for any position by reason of education, training, experience, and personal characteristics, without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, marital status, height, weight, or any other legally protected status.
Primary LocationUS-Michigan-Auburn Hills-25 Corporate Drive
About Apollo America
Based in Auburn Hills, MI, we are a global company that specializes in the design, development and production of smoke and carbon monoxide detection products for the life safety industry. Our markets include commercial systems such as those installed in hotels or office buildings as well as residential Smart Home or Home Automation systems. Our culture is key to our success and we focus on bringing in smart and energetic people to develop the future of the company.
Job Type: Internship
- Information Technology: 2 years
- Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Required work authorization:
- United States