Food Services Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Haywood Regional Medical Center Clyde
Haywood Regional Medical Center Clyde urgently required following position for Food Services Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Food Services Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Haywood Regional Medical Center Clyde Jobs Details:
Education and Training : High school diploma or equivalent. College or correspondence course in nutrition, supervision, and food production desirable. Understanding of modified diets and patient menus a must.
Experienc e: Prefer two years of hospital food service experience. Experience in trayline operation, customer service, cash handling, and equipment sanitation preferred.
The Food Service Supervisor is expected to:
· Ensure smooth operation of the patient and cafeteria food services operations
· Supervise patient trayline and host(ess) on a daily basis
· Supervise cafeteria, production and sanitation employees in the absence of chef-retail manager
· Answers diet office telephone
· Take trayline and equipment temperatures
· Complete trayline operations forms and maintain accurate record of diet office activities
· Operate patient trayline for breakfast, lunch and dinner
· Open and close the department assuring employees job duties are completed
· Maintain accurate record of patient diet orders
· Demonstrate knowledge of different diets (diabetic, cardiac, renal, low protein, low-sodium) to provide appropriate foods to patients on trayline and make menu substitutions
· Speak menus and answer questions about them
· Deliver and pick up patient trays
· Correct menus
· Count cafeteria deposits and cash drawers and complete necessary paperwork
· Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served (infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric).
· Perform all duties according to safety and sanitation policies
· Perform any other duties requested by management
Environmental and Special Demands: Works in well-lighted and air conditioned department. Subject to sudden changes in temperatures entering refrigerators and freezers. In the normal course of the day the supervisor must be able to bend and lift five pound trays approximately 200 times, push and roll meal carts, lift 25 pound dish racks and stand or sit for long periods of time. Must be able to stand up to ten hours.
Responsible to : Food Service Director, Clinical Nutrition Manager.
Workers Supervised: Patient Host(ess), and all Food and Nutrition Services employees in absence of a manager.
Interrelationships : Nursing personnel, physicians, patients and family members.