Engineering Maintenance Director Jobs Vacancy in Xellia Pharmaceuticals Chicago
Xellia Pharmaceuticals Chicago urgently required following position for Engineering Maintenance Director. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Engineering Maintenance Director Jobs Vacancy in Xellia Pharmaceuticals Chicago Jobs Details:
Engineering & Maintenance Director
Corporate project management
- Plans, organizes and directs the Maintenance and Engineering activities and programs relating to the reliability and improvement of the site, including the evaluation and purchase of new equipment, improvement and modification/renovation of existing equipment and facilities. Directs and approves maintenance activities to ensure the maintenance of Company facilities in a manner consistent with established long and short term objectives.
- Takes ownership for, develops and/or continually improves maintenance programs (PM, Work Order System, etc.)
- Assure compliance with all governmental, state and local regulations.
- Administers personnel development programs within Maintenance. Conducts periodic performance reviews, trains and prepares for orderly succession of positions. Facilitates the development and continuity of effective teamwork toward achievement of site goals. Develops climate conducive to trust, open communications, mutual goal setting, and recognition.
- Assists, plans, develop and implements Maintenance strategies required for meeting company objectives.
- Responsible for developing, managing and implementing the Engineering and Maintenance budget.
- Identifies and implements improvement projects to reduce manufacturing costs.
- Assures the participation of Maintenance in the selection, testing and evaluation of new processes and equipment. Provides assistance and Maintenance expertise in the start-up and validation of systems and equipment.
- Assists with the selection, purchase and installation of new equipment, modification of existing equipment, and the removal and disposition of obsolete equipment.
- Directs establishment and monitors general and preventative maintenance programs developed to insure timely and efficient repair and maintenance of machinery, equipment, facilities and support systems through reporting personnel responsible for implementation of established programs. Directs responsible subordinate personnel in establishment and adherence to long-range maintenance and planning goals.
- Maintains accurate working knowledge of governmental/regulatory requirements as related to equipment including EPA, OSHA, and the FDA. Monitors and insures company compliance with regulatory standards. Accompanies agency representative or inspector as required. Responds to infractions.
- Responsible for developing and managing the space planning for the facility.
- Directs the calibration program and ensures a timely completion of the program.
- Manages the security team of the site.
- Other related duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
- Ensure processes and products are in compliance with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations. Oversee that processes are in CGMP compliance, and establish systems that identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change to improve process effectiveness to heighten quality. Develop knowledge of and understand regulatory requirements such as 21CFR part 210 and 211, cGMP’s, FDA, OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering, is preferred, with a minimum of 10 years of broad-based technical management, preferably in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment. Also, a minimum of 5 years of management experience required for this position.
- Certification of Reliability Engineering preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment and process of flexible containers (IV bags) preferred.
- Expertise in Facilities, Calibration, Utilities management, Security management, and space planning experience is required.
- Expertise in capital budget (CAPEX) preparation and control is required.
- Demonstrated positive results in progressive positions of authority, including a record of success in a cGMP pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
Read more about Xellia Pharmaceuticals here