Tools And Parts Attendant Jobs Vacancy in Department The Army Fort Bliss
Department The Army Fort Bliss urgently required following position for Tools And Parts Attendant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Tools And Parts Attendant Jobs Vacancy in Department The Army Fort Bliss Jobs Details:
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician Program. This enables you to receive full Civil Service benefits and full Military Reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserve and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This position is located at the 63rd Readiness Division (RD), Equipment Concentration Site (ECS) 87, in Fort Bliss, Texas.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Maintain issue/turn-in records manually or electronically.
- Assist in efficient storage and arrangement of materials.
- Conduct periodic inventories.
- Inspect items for quality, damage, or overall performance.
- Perform minor maintenance of tools, parts, and equipment.
Travel Required Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 10%.
Supervisory status No
Who May Apply This job is open to… US Citizens Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Job family (Series)
6904 Tools And Parts Attending
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires membership in the U.S. Army Reserve (USAR).
- This position requires a Personnel Security Investigation.
- This position requires a medical examination prior to employment.
- This position requires a valid state-issued driver's license.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an Tools and Parts Attendant~ without more than normal supervision. To meet the screen out element, applicants should document experience or show the ability to do the following: Determining, identifying, and selecting tools and parts described by users for intended use; determining methods and techniques for setting up and shifting storage locations, and determining when tools and equipment should be routed to appropriate shops for possible repairs. - Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (other than blueprints)
- Ability to Perform Work with Dexterity and Safety
- Knowledge of Materials
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Work Practices (includes keeping things neat, clean, and in order)
- Physical Effort Required: Work is performed on hard surfaces and in work areas that require standing, stooping, bending, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Attendant frequently lifts and carries tools, parts, supplies, and equipment weighing up to 40 pounds. Hand trucks, dollies, and forklifts are available for use in handling heavier items.
- Working Conditions: Works in storage area which is well lighted, fairly clean, and well heated but occasionally drafty and noisy. There is some possibility of minor cuts and bruises.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary is based on the local prevailing rate.
How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating : Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website .
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance Not Applicable
- Required Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the
Applicant Checklist (External)
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
Your resume :
- Your resume may be submitted in any format.
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Learn more about federal benefits
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.