Accountant Senior Google Fiber Access Jobs Vacancy in Google Mountain View
Google Mountain View urgently required following position for Accountant Senior Google Fiber Access. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accountant Senior Google Fiber Access Jobs Vacancy in Google Mountain View Jobs Details:
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you'll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports - and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Google's business objectives.
The Google Fiber/Access Accounting Role is an exciting position, demanding excellence in technical accounting skills, systems expertise, flawless execution and a proven ability to work on cross-functional projects. You will partner with stakeholders to support and directly contribute to Google Fiber’s growth. You are empowered to drive efficiency and risk mitigation plan throughout all processes within the Google Fiber/Access Controllership.
You will be involved in many different accounting aspects of Google Fiber, reviewing, posting, and analyzing journal entries; solving system and process gaps; and playing an integral role in the monthly close process, providing insights to the Google Fiber Controller. You are enthusiastic and a self-starter, wanting to enhance existing processes; scoping, designing, and implementing new and scalable processes to support Google Fiber’s growth.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Create and implement solutions related to areas of risk and document risk mitigation plans, identifying Key Controls at the Access-level of materiality for subsequent monitoring and leadership reporting. e.g. identify, implement, maintain a systematic tool/ process, communicate quarterly management reporting - program status, scoping, deficiency status, etc.
- Prepare for and assist with upcoming internal/external audits. Document processes, ensure performance of key controls, and obtain/provide support as necessary.
- Collaborate with technical accounting to ensure we are appropriately accounting for new initiatives and new policies/ standards in the Access/Fiber business and help document the related accounting memos and policies.
- Lead Systems Evaluation and Implementations: Drive the business requirements and change management of implementing and maintaining new processes and tools
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in public accounting and/or high-tech organization.
- Experience working with SOX, ICFR, and internal control design and operations from an IT and Finance perspective.
- Database experience including proficiency in SQL coding across standard commercial databases (e.g Oracle, MySQL etc.)
- Experience with Oracle ERP (or implementing a new ERP)
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment, and to lead and drive complex initiatives.
- Strong analytical, project management, process improvement, and proficiency in spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with seasoned management.