Military Personnel Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Department The Army Fort McCoy
Department The Army Fort McCoy urgently required following position for Military Personnel Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Military Personnel Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Department The Army Fort McCoy Jobs Details:
SummaryCivilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This is a military technician position with the US Army Reserves. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician Program. This enables you to receive full Civil Service benefits and full Military Reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserve and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This position is located at: 88th Regional Support Command (RSC), Reserve Personnel Action Center (RPAC) McCoy, HUB WI020, Fort McCoy, Wisconsin.
For more information about what Fort McCoy has to offer, please visit http://mccoy.armymwr.com/ or http://www.mccoy.army.mil for relocation, quality of life, and child care information and assistance.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Preparing correspondence and reports
- Providing technical advice
- Processing personnel or pay actions for Military
- Interpreting regulatory or procedural requirements
- Responding to soldiers regarding pay issues
- Training others on the use of automated systems
- Researching complex pay issues
- Advising Military on pay regulations and entitlements
Travel RequiredOccasional travel - The business travel requirement is 5%
Supervisory status No
Who May ApplyThis job is open to… US Citizens Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve (USAR).
- This position may offer a $10,000 bonus (see other requirements).
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position offers a $10,000 recruitment bonus to individuals who are newly appointed as civilians in the Federal Government. You are considered newly appointed if this is your first appointment as a civilian employee in the Federal Government or if you have a minimum of a 90 day break in service from a previous Federal civilian position. You may qualify with a break in service of less than 90 days only if your previous Federal civilian appointment was a time limited, or not permanent, appointment. Your recruitment bonus will be made in four payments of $2,500. You receive the first payment when you enter on duty, second payment at your first year anniversary, third payment at second year anniversary, and fourth payment at third year anniversary. To accept this recruitment bonus, you are required to make a four year service obligation to the Army Reserve Military Technician Program. If you fail to serve the specified period, you may be subject to repay the agency the recruitment incentive.
- New Army Reserve Military Technicians may be authorized moving expenses to their first official duty station. To be eligible to receive moving expenses, you must be a newly appointed Federal civilian employee or have a minimum of a 3 day break in service from previous Federal civilian employment.
QualificationsIn order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: performing clerical or administrative tasks such as preparing correspondence, filing and data entry; processing a variety of personnel or pay actions; and interpreting and/or applying regulatory or procedural requirements. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Fundamentals and Operations of Military and Civilian Pay
- Oral Communication
- Personnel Action Processing and Recordkeeping
- Written Communication
EducationSome federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualifications requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay.
How You Will Be EvaluatedYou will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating : Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Background checks and security clearanceSecurity clearance Secret
- Required Documents
Required DocumentsThe documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External) .
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
Your resume :
- Your resume may be submitted in any format.
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
BenefitsA career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.