Security Solutions Specialist Data Protection Jobs Vacancy in Cox Communications Atlanta
Cox Communications Atlanta urgently required following position for Security Solutions Specialist Data Protection. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Security Solutions Specialist Data Protection Jobs Vacancy in Cox Communications Atlanta Jobs Details:
- Select, implement, and maintain data protection mechanisms to provide secure transmission capabilities for applications
- Implement data protection standards, requirements, and specifications.
- Analyze and define data requirements and specifications.
- Analyze data sources to provide actionable recommendations.
- Implement solutions to protect data per company policy, including solutions to encrypt, classify, redact, and manage document distribution and use.
- Provide guidance to project teams on proper data protection requirements and handling.
- Provide actionable recommendations to critical stakeholders based on analysis and findings.
- Work with the general counsel, regulatory affairs and businesses to ensure both existing and new services comply with privacy and data security obligations.
- Work with regulatory affairs to develop relationships with regulators and other government officials responsible for privacy and data security issues.
- Work with business teams and senior management to ensure awareness of “leading practices” on privacy and data security issues.
- Collaborate on training materials and other communications to increase employee understanding of company privacy policies, data handling practices and procedures and legal obligations.
- Work with regulatory affairs to develop relationships with consumer organizations and other NGOs with an interest in privacy and data security issues—and to manage company participation in public events related to privacy and data security.
- Undertake a comprehensive review of the company’s data and privacy projects and ensure that they are consistent with company data protection goals and policies.
- Examine network topologies to understand data flows through the network.
- Lead training and education sessions for solution rollouts for various operations, security, legal, and HR teams.
- 3+ years of experience working in Security IT Audit, or Internal Audit with specific experience in Security, Privacy, or Data Protection.
- BS/BA in a related discipline required (i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, etc.); and/or 2+ years of experience in related field.
- Skill in identifying privacy issues and associated mitigation.
- Knowledge of data mining and data warehousing principles.
- Skill in data reduction and Data Loss Prevention technologies (DLP).
- Experience with relational database concepts, preferably Oracle.
- Knowledge of logical access to system functions.
- Knowledge of principles, concepts, and methods of enterprise architecture to align information technology strategy, plans, and systems with the mission, goals, structure, and processes of the company.
- Big four consulting background or Fortune 500 company experience.
- Telecom/Cable industry experiences a plus.
- At least one relevant industry certification – CISSP, CISM, CISA.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: 2018-06-25