Content Specialist Iii Ela District Assessment Services Jobs Vacancy in Measured Progress Inc
- Content Specialist Iii Ela District Assessment Services
- Measured Progress Inc
- 17 Jun, 2018 29 days ago
Measured Progress Inc urgently required following position for Content Specialist Iii Ela District Assessment Services. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Content Specialist Iii Ela District Assessment Services Jobs Vacancy in Measured Progress Inc Jobs Details:
- Consult with clients and project management staff to map out the test development components of new large-scale customized assessment contracts.
- Contribute to conceptualization, specifications, and creation of innovative content and new assessment products, systems, or services.
- Use databases and technology tools to construct, track and edit items.
- Create and refine a wide variety of items (including multiple-choice, short answer, constructed response, evidence-based response, technology-enhanced, module, performance tasks) aligned to standards. Also develop item-specific scoring guides, distractor rationales, or other supplemental item information.
- Prepare item sets for committee meetings, and facilitate and guide the work of advisory committees.
- Assist with development of assessment guides, brochures, and sample question packets.
- Consult with chief readers during benchmarking.
- Conduct internal reviews.
- Create contract-specific or project-specific item and test specifications, as well as interpret standards for developers and item writers.
- Create and analyze test blueprints.
- Provide specific, item-level feedback to test developers and item writers.
- Interpret and use item statistics in the selection of items; complete item selection and test construction according to blueprint and test specifications.
- Work with project managers on schedules, project-specific content development issues on a per-contract basis.
- Assure quality and adherence to specifications for all items for assigned contracts or projects.
- Create and conduct item-writing training workshops for a variety of audiences; address concerns of workshop members (clients and/or developers).
- Understand psychometric, political, policy and content consideration issues associated with individual contract or project development activities.
- Apply knowledge of standards-based practices; curriculum, instruction, and assessment to principal activities.
- Ascertain and study current trends in national and professional groups’ content standards, as well as trends in how children and adults learn.
- Serve as lead developer and train new content leads.
- Coordinate agendas and provide uniformity of items during presentations.
- Interpret standards for developers and item writers.
- Communicate project details to various departments.
- Work with psychometricians to develop items to both content and psychometric parameters including adaptive testing banks.
- Participate in personal and professional development.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of ten (10) years of combined classroom teaching and educational assessment experience, with at least seven (7) years in educational assessment; individuals with ten (10) years in Education and at least five (5) years of directly applicable assessment industry experience, which includes proven experience demonstrating test development competencies associated with a Content Specialist III level role, may also be considered
- Master’s Degree or Ph D. in an applicable discipline may be substituted for up to two (2) years of classroom teaching experience
- Content Specialists are required to have in-depth knowledge in a specific discipline to successfully develop test activities for assessment programs
- Education/Degree coupled with teaching experience must be in English/Language Arts