Business Development Manager Sports And Entertainment Jobs Vacancy in Planar Systems Beaverton
- Business Development Manager Sports And Entertainment
- Planar Systems
- Beaverton OR
- 15 May, 2018 10 days ago
Planar Systems Beaverton urgently required following position for Business Development Manager Sports And Entertainment. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Business Development Manager Sports And Entertainment Jobs Vacancy in Planar Systems Beaverton Jobs Details:
Are you ready to put your skills to work in a dynamic and growing company? Are you passionate about technology and want to see video, imagery, and data come to life on big electronic canvases? Are you ready to make a difference and assist us as we help shape the way people think about and use digital signage now and into the future?
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager (Bus Dev Manager) to cover the Sports & Entertainment venue market, assisting the General Manager in this same sales vertical.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for ensuring that relevant customers, partners, and influencers in the territory (end-users, channel partners, resellers, and consultants) choose the company for their specialty display needs. The Business Development Manager role requires an ability to sell directly, manage channel partners, and influence industry thought-leaders. The Business Development Manager will think and act strategically and tactically in achieving business results for this market vertical, under the direction of the General Manager, Sports & Entertainment. The Business Development Manager will contribute to the market strategy, implement that strategy by developing appropriate sales influencers and partners, and then manage those partners to achieve aggressive sales goals. The successful candidate must work well with internal colleagues in Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Technical Support, Sales Operations and other functions, in support of a collaborative, customer-focused organization.
- Refine and execute sales strategies and process to meet then exceed business goals in the Sports and Entertainment market
- Identify, recruit, and manage the best resellers and industry thought-leaders in the Sports and Entertainment market segment
- Solicit and participate in joint sales calls, promote marketing programs, participate/conduct trainings and product demonstrations, participate in tradeshows and model the speed, agility, aggressiveness, teamwork, and responsiveness required to win in our marketplace
- Establish performance measures and evaluate effectiveness and competitiveness of partners, and programs
- Contribute to pricing decisions by providing market intelligence, competitive information, and other market, customer, and partner feedback
- Actively contribute to the development of marketing programs for this segment - work with outbound marketing to develop and implement marketing programs and sales tools that grow revenue
- Actively contribute to the ongoing analysis, refinement and execution of business strategies
- Develop and maintain forecast reporting and provider regular and accurate updates to Sales Management
- Communicate market and product information to Sales leadership team
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of five years of technology sales experience, which includes at least 3 years of Pro A/V experience required. Prior sales experience with LED displays required
- Prior experience selling to sports venues, clubs and teams preferred
- Track record of demonstrated success selling and forecasting sales in the territory required
- Demonstrated effective English language communication skills; oral, written and presentation, required
- Experience in the Sports or Entertainment industry is also desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required. Preference for prior experience using Salesforce.com.
- Preference for experience with contemporary productivity and communication tools (eg Skype, Social Media, telepresence, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in fast paced dynamic environment required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Travel required 50%-60% of the time.
- Requires ability to lift/move/set-up products weighing up to 40 pounds.
Leyard and Planar Systems is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.