Food Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Gate Gourmet Los Angeles
Gate Gourmet Los Angeles urgently required following position for Food Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Food Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Gate Gourmet Los Angeles Jobs Details:
Supervisor Operations - Food
Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
Position Summary :
We are looking for a Food Supervisor to join our team at LAX. This positions s upervises employees to ensure security, safety, food specs, quality assurance of products, sanitation, HACCP and FDA regulations are followed. Responsible for labor and food cost controls as per company specifications. . Food experience a plus. We are a 24/7 environment, union / non-union. Flexibility with schedule is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Ensures quality production standards are maintained for all accounts
- Maintains Company policies and procedures as well as specification books for airline customers and serve as a knowledgeable resource relative to those policies.
- Controls food cost and other controllable costs
- Works with management staff to improve performance of the unit
- Prepares management reports (ex. attendance, HAACCP and labor) reports as required.
- Responsible for safety, quality and compliance to customer specifications and regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures specifications, airline diagrams, and other standards are accurate according to the airline specifications.
- Ensures that all products are coded according to Gate Gourmet procedures.
- Conducts inventory of Gate Gourmet products and customer materials to ensure proper usage and minimization of waste.
- Completes required requisitions for the Storeroom to ensure adequate supply is maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining daily temperature logs and other logs and reports as required.
- Works with maintenance staff to ensure preventive maintenance of machinery according to schedules, reports maintenance and repair issues in timely manner.
- Trains and monitors employees on proper work procedures to ensure maximum productivity with minimum labor and food costs
- Responsible for performance evaluation, coaching, counseling and preparing corrective action for employees and liaises appropriately with HR and other support functions.
- Manages work flow balancing - - the division of responsibilities amongst employees on each shift
- Manages daily manpower planning including assignment of responsibilities and workstations.
- Determines when and whether to call employees in to cover staffing needs (ex. sick calls, vacation relief, medical leaves, volume changes, etc.)
- In conjunction with department leaders determines number of employees needed by shift
- Responsible for employee retention and monitors employee turnover.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates degree or degree from a 4 year university or college preferred.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience working in a high volume, manufacturing, food production, and/or restaurant/catering environment or equivalent experience in the related field is preferred
- Minimum 3 years cooking or food preparation experience required.
- Current or previous labor relations experience a plus, but not required.
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills, and the ability to successfully manage a staff of 30+ hourly employees
- Candidate must be comfortable with all levels of employees and have the ability to drive positive program change
- Ability to train others
- Must have the ability to give negative and positive feedback to employees on a daily basis
- Excellent time management skills required. Ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and leadership skills required
- Must be innovative and have the ability to make changes to the operation as needed to further improve the work environment and unit performance
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred
- Expresses oneself clearly and effectively when speaking and writing to individuals and groups; listening attentively and insuring communication is understood by all parties involved
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish, Chinese Mandarin, Vietnamese, Hindi or Polish a plus
- Ability to obtain ServSafe Certification required
- ServSafe Certified preferred,
- Regularly, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 10+ hours
- In a normal production kitchen facility there may be physical discomfort due to temperature and noise
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move product, equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds
- A rotating schedule of over 55 hours per week is typical
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category protected under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
Keywords: Production Supervisor, Production Manager, Operations Supervisor, Warehouse Supervisor, Manager, Food and Beverage, Hospitality, Restaurant, Hotel, DC Supervisor, Catering, Manufacturing, Transportation, Dispatcher, Food Safety, Distribution Center