Clin Scientist Recreational Fisheries Support Jobs Vacancy in Ocean Associates Inc Long Beach
Ocean Associates Inc Long Beach urgently required following position for Clin Scientist Recreational Fisheries Support. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Clin Scientist Recreational Fisheries Support Jobs Vacancy in Ocean Associates Inc Long Beach Jobs Details:
Ocean Associates, Inc. (OAI) is seeking a Scientist 5 to provide support to the National Oceanic and AtmosphericAdministration’s (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), in Long Beach, CA. OAI supplies personnel support services on contract to government and industry clients for marine fisheries and protected species. This position will support the NMFS West Coast Region Recreational Fisheries Initiative and other programs as they pertain to conservation and management of federal fisheries, protected species, and their habitat. More specifically, the incumbent will coordinate and collaborate on regional fisheries activities to sustain healthy stocks important to recreational, noncommercial, and subsistence fisheries on the West Coast and develop effective relationships with the marine recreational fishing communities in the region. This is an excellent opportunity for a person with strong interpersonal skills to contribute to NOAA’s recreational fisheries management on the West Coast.
Expected position start date: ASAP
NMFS West Coast Region Office in Long Beach, CA
Salary and Benefits**
This is a full-time 40 hr/week position with excellent employee benefits, including medical insurance, holiday, vacation, and sick leave. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Serve as the primary SFD point of contact for day-to-day communication with marine recreational fishery constituencies and the public.
- Provide accurate and timely information about NOAA activities and efforts to improve marine recreational fishing through sound scientific management of our marine resources to the appropriate parties.
- Maintain databases of recreational fishing contacts, including charter fishery owners and operators.
- Continue to implement and update the Recreational Fish Action Agenda
- Formulate and implement strategies/programs to improve constituent relationship with NOAA/NMFS.
- Demonstrate agency responsiveness to recreational interests.
- Proactively identify and effect agency engagement in collaborative activities with recreational fishing constituency (e.g. collaborative research, workshops, data collection, etc.).
- Engage in extensive external communications, including participation in Fishery Management Council (FMC) meetings, stakeholder meetings, etc., and development of media opportunities for NOAA staff as appropriate.
- Support the Project Officer during constituent meetings/conferences, as appropriate.
- Work with staff of the Highly Migratory Species (HMS) Branch on assignments related to fisheries management and policy such as in the preparation of rulemaking packages and/or policy documents and reports.
- For West Coast fisheries, provide economic statistics and data interpretation for various audiences, including developing and keeping current the fisheries statistics webpages for SFD website.
- Participate on various committees and attend meetings as related to the services and tasks of this order.
Required Knowledge and Experience**
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, from an accredited college or university with a major directly related in a field of study as related to the requirements of the specific task order with emphasis in fisheries, oceanography, social science, natural science, mathematics, or hydrology, plus three (3) years of experience in a related field or combination of such totaling seven (7) years combined education/experience. Master's degree may be substituted for experience.
- Working knowledge of the various laws pertaining to management of the fishing industry, including:
- The Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act
- The National Environmental Policy Act
- The Marine Mammal Protection Act
- The Endangered Species Act * An ability to work closely with people from diverse scientific and technical backgrounds.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience**
- Experience in policy and analysis related to fisheries or other renewable natural resources.
- Experience preparing regulations and/or socio-economic analyses.
- Ability to articulate both in the written word and orally biological and policy information to non-technical audiences.
- Strong editing skills.
- Ability to work independently, and be solution-oriented and a self-starter.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, you MUST APPLY THROUGH OUR WEBSITE ONLY. Go to OCEANASSOC.COM, click on Now Hiring, find the position you wish to apply for, click the 'For More Information' link for that position, follow instructions on the page to apply. (no emails)
- When applying for this position you will be asked to upload your resume at the end of the online application.
- Include your name in the document file name.
- Sending your resume in readable (not scanned) PDF or Word format is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time