Administrative Technician Oregon Conve Jobs Vacancy in Metro Portland
Metro Portland urgently required following position for Administrative Technician Oregon Conve. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Technician Oregon Conve Jobs Vacancy in Metro Portland Jobs Details:
The Administrative Technician is responsible for coordinating and performing a variety of moderately complex administrative and technical duties in areas such as accounting, procurement, budgeting, database management, record keeping, and payroll for the Oregon Convention Center – Operations Department. Supervision is received from the Security Manager and Guest Services Manager.
This position interacts with internal staff and external customers. Duties include supporting department managers, providing information and assistance regarding departmental services, policies and procedures, and the collection, verification and editing of information for various reports. Additionally, the position serves as backup to other department members.
About the Oregon Convention Center
The Oregon Convention Center (OCC), a LEED Platinum facility, is the largest convention center in the Pacific Northwest, hosting more than 12 million visitors since its opening in 1990. Annually hosting roughly 500 events with an average of $450 million in economic benefit for the region from the national and international visitors who attend conventions and events at the facility. The industry leader for its sustainability practices, the OCC was the first convention center in the U.S. to earn the U.S. Green Building Council's LEED Certification for existing buildings in 2004 and earned LEED Silver in 2008. OCC's commitment to sustainable practices, focus on superior customer service and innovation ensures its future as a leader in the hospitality and convention business.
For more information about the Oregon Convention Center visit: www.oregoncc.org.
1) Electronic application, 2) answer to supplemental questions, 3) resume and 4) cover letter describing your qualifications as they relate to the duties of this position.
At the Oregon Convention Center, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Essential Job Duties: An employee in this position must be able to perform all the essential job duties listed below with or without reasonable accommodation; however, this list is not intended to include all of the specific tasks which an employee in this position may be expected to perform.
- Schedule security and medical staff for open shifts at OCC, EXPO, and Portland'5, distributing bi-monthly and monthly schedules and creating monthly availability sheets, revising schedules and sign-in sheets for staff shift exchanges.
- Compile, verify, and enter data into payroll system. Assist department manager when timecards are ready for approval. Assist department managers to follow employee bargaining contracts by providing specific data for payroll processing, vacation requests, training renewals, physical capacity testing, payroll processing of minimum call time, overtime, shift differential and leave accruals.
- Complete new hire onboarding process including: verify, process, and store paperwork for new hires to attain OCC identification and parking privileges, photograph employee, create ID card, and activate building and parking access in separate security and parking systems. Retrieve OCC property from resigning or terminated staff and refund prepaid parking funds. Deactivating access permissions at employee departure.
- Coordinate department employee orientations and training. Submit policy review and proof of training to HR. Creates and processes department employee separation documents.
- Assist/support staff on departmental, union, and MERC/Metro procedures and policies. Provide computer training to security staff.
- Track OCC staff participation in CPR/AED/First Aid training and recording renewal dates for DSS, Events, Sales, Operations, pacificwild and Admin department staff, provides certification documents.
- Create and maintain databases of confidential information.
- Review security log daily and take appropriate actions based on the information given.
- Create quarterly reports of forecasted information for law enforcement agencies.
- Assist in gathering and producing information for bargaining agreements.
- Process invoices and prepare documents for billing.
- General Office Duties including creating and editing correspondence, coordinating calendars, answering phones, maintaining supplies, filing, data entry, and other duties as assigned.
- Plan and coordinate complex projects with discretionary decision making.
- Follow document retention and destruction processes per the Oregon statutes for record retention.
- Verify and process accounts payable and receivables.
- Assist in the developing of department budgets.
- Generate reports for journal entry of deposit revenue and credit card sales.
- Reconcile and process purchase card reports for department.
- Coordinate and process parking services for clients, guests, and employees including processing payments, and collecting cash. Releasing and receiving moneys from the armored car service when Guest Services Manager in unavailable.
- Ensure accuracy of client charges.
- Act as a department representative on behalf of Managers to clients and guests.
- Provide customer service and resolve client, guest, and employee issues regarding established department procedures, policies, or services.
- Resolve client parking and ticketing calls, emails, and walk-in requests. Manage the part-time parking program and full-time pacificwild parking program. Resolve parking or ticketing disputes including issuing refunds.
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere.
- Fulfill Metro's core values of public service, excellence, teamwork, respect, innovation and sustainability. This includes, but is not limited to:
- building and maintaining positive relationships and contributing to a positive team atmosphere; engaging others in ways that foster respect and trust
- encouraging and appreciating diversity in people and ideas – seeking to understand the perspectives of others
- providing excellent customer service – assisting the public, public officials and agency partners, and other employees in a professional and courteous manner with the goal of meeting or exceeding expectations
- practicing continuous improvement - researching new possibilities, contributing ideas and staying current in field of work
- demonstrating sustainable practices in applicable field and generally for resource use and protection
- working assigned schedule, exhibiting regular and predictable attendance
- practicing safe work habits
- complying with Metro and Metro's visitor venues policies, procedures and applicable work rules, applicable law, and collective bargaining agreements as appropriate.
- Perform assigned duties during an emergency situation.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
This position is not represented and is classified as an Administrative Technician (click to read the full classification). Classification descriptions are typically written broadly and do not include the specific duties and responsibilities of the positions.
Minimum Requirements: Three years of responsible administrative and general office experience; High school diploma or G.E.D. or any combination of education and experience that would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job.
Associates degree in Business Administration, Office Management or related field OR applicable certification
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar
- Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, file management and record keeping
- Basic accounting, procurement, professional writing and basic report preparation
- Operate a computer using Windows based programs, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prioritize and multi-task; must be organized and flexible to change course of work/projects as circumstances dictate
- Discreetly and effectively handle information of a confidential or sensitive nature
- Establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Operate general office equipment such as a computer, copier, fax machine, calculator and scanner
- Operate multi-line phone system
- Work effectively with information management systems, and adapt quickly to system changes and updates
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work various hours, including evening, weekends, and holidays
- Apply federal, state and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations for respective field
- Use discretion with confidential and sensitive matters
- Provide excellent customer service by meeting the needs and interacting with employees, volunteers, vendors, the public, and others encountered during the course of work in a courteous and professional manner
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with employees, volunteers, vendors, and others encountered during the course of work
- Work in a safe manner and follow Metro safety policies, practices, and procedures
- Fulfill Metro's employee values of public service, excellence, teamwork, respect, innovation and sustainability
- Perform the assigned duties of the position.
Additional Information: Online applications: Metro accepts job applications online. If you need assistance or accommodation with your application, or access to a computer, call 503-797-1570.
Accommodation: Reasonable accommodation is available to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing this application or participating in this process. To obtain confidential assistance please contact Human Resources at 503-797-1570.
Public Employees Retirement System (PERS): New employees will pay the employee portion of the PERS contribution.
Veterans' Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualified veterans may be eligible for veterans' preference when applying for Metro positions. If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a veterans' preference for this job, please provide qualifying documents as instructed during the application process.
Criminal background check: In order to protect the wellbeing of its employees, the public and agency assets, Metro may conduct criminal background checks on candidates selected for Metro positions. Criminal convictions do not necessarily preclude employment and will be considered on a case by case basis. A background check will only be conducted if you are selected as a finalist for a position. If selected as a finalist, you will be contacted by Human Resources prior to the initiation of a background check.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer