Community Engagement Manager Sacramento Jobs Vacancy in Rise Against Hunger Sacramento
Rise Against Hunger Sacramento urgently required following position for Community Engagement Manager Sacramento. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Community Engagement Manager Sacramento Jobs Vacancy in Rise Against Hunger Sacramento Jobs Details:
Rise Against Hunger is an international hunger relief organization that is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Since 1998, the organization has coordinated the distribution of food and lifesaving aid to the world’s most vulnerable in countries all over the world. The organization’s mission is to build awareness and drive a global commitment to ending hunger by 2030.
The Satellite Community Engagement Manager will be a leader in growing, managing, and promoting Rise Against Hunger, the meal packaging events, and development projects. The manager will be responsible for a team of internal staff and volunteers which will include training, coaching, and development. Managers will also oversee schedules and ensure accountability among staff. This position will be based in Sacramento, California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program promotion and developing community involvement through various religious congregations, civic organizations, schools, and other community groups. This includes preserving current relationships, growing the number of meals and events with these relationships, and developing new relationships.
- Grow the number and size of events, to achieve organization meal goals and Impact Partner demands. This will include assisting in the development of regional and local marketing plans and implementing these plans locally.
- Coordinate and facilitate meal packaging events including scheduling, setting up equipment, staging volunteers and educating participants about world hunger.
- Give presentations, participate in conferences, and facilitate a brief educational program on hunger for meal packaging events.
- Receive shipments of meal packaging ingredients, supplies, and equipment from the CDW (Centralized Distribution Warehouse); store and load these items for movement to meal packaging events; unload returning equipment and packaged meals and stage for return shipment to the CDW.
- Uphold health, safety, and security in the workplace for employees and inventory according to all organizational standards and regulatory requirements.
- Provide effective communication and encourage teamwork with the hosts/volunteers, CDW staff and other Rise Against Hunger departments.
- Manage, train, and cultivate relationships with volunteers and donors.
- Properly track and manage incoming cash and donations, effectively control budget.
- Serve as a primary contact for local media outlets and be a knowledgeable source of information on programs and the organization.
- Effectively coordinate with staff to ensure programs and organizational goals are consistently met.
- Cultivate open line of communication with various departments throughout the organization to promote teamwork and collaboration.
- Support satellite location tasks through the recruitment and coordination of local volunteers
- Ability to manage and train staff to ensure the growth and development goals are being met.
- Knowledge of how to properly process all documentation including invoices, bill of ladings, and receipts of orders.
- Experience developing and implementing regional and local marketing plans.
- Communicate effectively through verbal and written methods
- Experience developing, growing and maintaining customer relationships.
- Possess the ability to provide coaching, training, and effective feedback to staff.
- Builds Networks
- Ensures Accountability
- Manages Ambiguity
- Drives Engagement
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Clean background and current valid driver’s license with a 7 year minimum of clean driving.
- At least 2 years of managerial or supervisory experience
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs throughout shift, occasionally up to 75 lbs and functional knowledge of how to to pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Previous experience working in a non-profit environment.
- Knowledge of international development, public health, or food insecurities.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled warehouse environment.
Rise Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace without discrimination and harassment of any kind. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER ON OUR WEBSITE