Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Whirlpool Corporation Tulsa
Whirlpool Corporation Tulsa urgently required following position for Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Whirlpool Corporation Tulsa Jobs Details:
Requisition ID: 12268
Job Function: Product Development Engineering (40000045)
The Engineer will serve as the main liaison between the Global Organization & Manufacturing plant for process characterization & standardization. To be successful, the candidate must possess strong technical knowledge of system & sub-systems such as Foaming, Thermoforming, Stamping, Moldings and other Assembly / Sub-Assembly processes. Upon characterizing processes, the Engineer will document the process knowledge in a workbook and share with Global Team. The Engineer will also be responsible for identifying, improving and maintaining status of the core process inputs and outputs.
- Develop & continuously improve on the process characterization to achieve best in class quality for various systems / sub-systems.
- Lead, develop and standardize processes & Reaction plans for various systems / sub-systems within the plant.
- Gain thorough understanding for base processes; create process workbooks & tools for knowledge management.
- Work closely with process SME’s / Engineers within the category to identify, improve and maintain core process inputs and outputs.
- Leverage best process practices from other regions and share the work done by your plant.
- Ensure that new manufacturing processes are flexible in design to accommodate long range new product cadence plans with the intent of minimizing future capital requirements.
- Drive process improvements through the use of structured tools like 8D’s, Drill Deep Drill Wide (DDDW), Six Sigma and Lean principles.
- Develop & manage the global dashboard, audit processes for corrective action and containment for low process Cpk’s and drive continuous improvements
- Deliver effective presentations and report on performance to the plant leadership
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Process or related Engineering field.
4+ years hands-on engineering experience with emphasis on Product & Process development, improvement & characterization.
Thorough understanding of system & sub-systems such as Injection Molding, Paint, Treatments, Stamping, Structural Bonding & other Assembly / Sub-Assembly processes. Demonstrated excellent working knowledge of APQP tools especially Process Flow Diagram, PFMEA, and Process Control Plan.
Experience in the Appliance industry is preferred (Refrigeration, Cooking, Laundry, Dishwashers, etc.).
Statistical Analysis (SPC) and use of problem solving tools (8D, Drill Deep Drill Wide, etc.)
Motivated to drive organizational engagement through a can-do attitude and effective relationship building and teamwork skills
Ability to influence & interact as a lead player, apply critical thinking and make decisions.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple quality projects with minimum supervision
Ability to travel within and outside the USA
Black Belt Certification
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We stay true to our philosophy that says good business begins by not following but leading. Our brands and products help people make the most of time so they can focus on making the most of moments that matter. At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about our company can be found at http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com. Follow us on LinkedIn or join the conversation @WhirlpoolCorp on Twitter.