Literacy Tutor Americorps Jobs Vacancy in The Literacy Lab Hampton
The Literacy Lab Hampton urgently required following position for Literacy Tutor Americorps. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Literacy Tutor Americorps Jobs Vacancy in The Literacy Lab Hampton Jobs Details:
The Literacy Lab’s missionis to provide low-income children with individualized reading instruction to improve their literacy skills, leading to greater success in school and increased opportunities in life. Our rigorously trained, full-time tutors work at high-need schools, providing daily, evidence-based interventions to students age 3 – grade 3. During the 2018-19 school year, over 300 full-time tutors will serve in 100+ schools, impacting over 6,000 students across our 6 metro areas.
Applications are accepted ONLY through The Literacy Lab’s website: https://goo.gl/yvzJdK
WHAT YOU’LL DO
At minimum, a tutor must:
- Serve 40-45 hours/week; including:
- Normal school staff hours (e.g. M-F, 8AM- 5PM; varies by school)
- Required professional developments; trainings; community service, etc. (occasional late afternoons/early evening hours)
- Commit through the end of the program year (usually July 2018)
- Seize additional opportunities to serve your school and community (e.g. volunteering at a local library or food bank one evening/week, etc.)
- Implement ongoing feedback through regular observations by your coaches
- Adhere to a data-driven, scripted tutoring program
At minimum, all applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalency
- Have served no more than 3 previous AmeriCorps terms
- Be a US citizen, national, or permanent resident legal alien
Unfortunately, potential applicants with DACA status are not eligible at this time.
Candidates MUST NOTbe registered, or be required to register, on any sex offender registry.
BENEFITS YOU’LL RECEIVE
Over the course of their service term, tutors receive:
- A modest living allowance (Richmond/ Hampton, VA: $1400/ month before taxes)
- An AmeriCorps Education Award of approximately $6,000 for 1700-hour members
- Federal student loan forbearance
- Basic health insurance (premiums covered by The Literacy Lab)
- Childcare and SNAP assistance (if eligible)
- Training and coaching in effective, evidence-based strategies from literacy experts and school-based staff
- Access national Literacy Lab and AmeriCorps networks
- Have a foot-in-the door with local school systems
The Literacy Lab is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations are provided upon request. Required physical/sensory job functions are provided upon request.
Explore our Year at a Glance position and program overview: https://goo.gl/xmR2n2
Applications are accepted ONLYthrough The Literacy Lab’s website: https://goo.gl/yvzJdK
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $1,400.00 /month
- High school or equivalent