Corporate Accounting Risk And Controls Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Google Sunnyvale
Google Sunnyvale urgently required following position for Corporate Accounting Risk And Controls Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Corporate Accounting Risk And Controls Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Google Sunnyvale Jobs Details:
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you'll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports - and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Google's business objectives.
You will work closely with members of the Global SOX team to design and maintain an effective and scalable internal control environment, identify areas of risk, promote recommendations on controls, and influence changes and decisions, particularly for IT general controls, application controls and information produced by entity (IPE).
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Manage and drive compliance of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) program and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, particularly for IT general controls, application controls and information produced by entity (IPE) for the Corporate Accounting department.
- Partner with Engineering Compliance, Corporate Engineering and other stakeholders to define and communicate methodology and determine system scoping, control objectives, testing approach, deficiency evaluation and conclusion.
- Educate and consult with process and control owners on an effective IT control environment, including recommendations on ITGCs, application controls and IPE for key systems, and remediation of audit issues.
- Liaise and translate risk and controls between the system and the financial controls environments across a complex systems landscape.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of relevant experience in Information Systems/Auditing/Accounting.
- Experience working with SOX, ICFR, and internal control design and operations from an IT and Finance perspective
- CPA and/or MBA.
- Experience in system auditing, financial processes and systems, in-house developed systems, software code reviews, system implementations and testing of IT application controls
- Experience with Oracle and SAP ERP systems and Hyperion.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, manage and coordinate multiple project assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, accepting ownership and accountability of the process and deliver on commitments
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills with the ability to work with teams cross-functionally