Telecommunications Operator Jobs Vacancy in Lahey Health Burlington
Lahey Health Burlington urgently required following position for Telecommunications Operator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Telecommunications Operator Jobs Vacancy in Lahey Health Burlington Jobs Details:
Under the direction of the Telecommunication?s Manager, provides 24/7, 365 day service operating switchboard, paging console, patient information and monitors and responds to all codes, trauma and hospital wide alarm activity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Receives and processes 3500 ? 4500 calls daily for Lahey Burlington and Lahey Peabody. In addition supports internal calls from hospital staff for paging and directory assistance.
2) Operates AMCOM paging software system. Incorporates paging, message retrieval, physician registry, and overhead paging. Processes approx. 2000 pages per day.
3) Initiates/oversees after hours on call schedule for Lahey Burlington, Lahey Peabody and certain CGP locations for patient and staff calls. Maintains sleep room schedules for medical staff and will locate staff as necessary. Accountable for calling OR and Recovery room nurses when emergency surgical cases are required.
4) Monitors/Responds to all Lahey Burlington activated codes and alarms including: Trauma, Code 99, Code Green, Code Red, Code Pink, Code Zebra, Emergency Exit Doors, Medial Gas, Radiation, Blood Bank, Hylon and Burglar and Hold-Up. Is responsible for notifying essential personnel, security and 911 Emergency services. Performs daily tests of Trauma pagers and documents response results.
5) Accountable for handling all In-Patient Information calls. Updates patient register as necessary for accuracy. Controls patient room?s telephone on/off activity. Responsible for restricting/unrestricting hospital telephones as necessary.
6) Responsible for distribution of new/spare/long range pagers, patient room telephones, TTY (Hearing Impaired) equipment, batteries, hospital directories and conference room speakerphones. Provides assistance to in house staff requiring international calling and faxing.
7) Institutes emergency back up procedures in event of systems failure to paging or telephone systems.
8) Applies effective listening skills and courtesy when interacting with physicians, patients, patient family members?, visitors, medial staff and all other hospital personnel. Diffuses irate patient calls when necessary.
9) Demonstrates flexibility and team support to cover alternate shifts and holiday schedules as required.
10) Understands Telecom Department as an ?essential? department to the hospital and is required to report to work during inclement weather conditions, etc.
11) Performs all other duties as assigned.
12) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
13) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
14) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
15) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
16) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
17) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
18) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
19) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
20) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent education and experience.
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Previous telephone/switchboard or ACD experience preferred.
Medical terminology or basic understanding
Strong Customer Service Skills
DAYS, 8hr shifts, Friday; Saturday; Sunday
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.