Logistics Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Abbott Laboratories Chicago
Abbott Laboratories Chicago urgently required following position for Logistics Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Logistics Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Abbott Laboratories Chicago Jobs Details:
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world - in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals - that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Identify opportunities to improve service and reduce the cost of delivering product to customers. Accountable to management for decisions regarding key assigned responsibilities; such as ocean shipping program; Operates with minimal supervision; reviews are held with manager to monitor progress against plans; goals and objectives. Utilize management to review project goals; training; and for review of all results/ recommendations of projects prior to publication to Abbott personnel
Primary Job Function:
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
Provide the logistics/distribution/transportation/supply chain information; analyses; and systems knowledge necessary to determine the most efficient and effective worldwide distribution and transportation patterns. Supports/performs international export and import operations and domestic operations May manage direct reports when it makes sense for the organization.
- Identify projects; perform data research; review and analyze findings; make recommendations; present findings; implement approved recommendation for North America Logistics.
- Builds models and analytical tools to anticipate the future and to recommend actions to meet future business challenges.
- Solve difficult, non-routine problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed.
- Performs freight audit or review of freight bill exceptions that are kicked out from our 3rd party freight audit company and ensures that our logistics providers are paid in accordance with mutually agreed upon terms identified in the SOP; Statement of Work; or contract.
- Manage the carriers to maximize efficiencies with LTL and TL modes of transportation.
- Makes day-to-day decisions which demonstrate a basic understanding of the financial business drivers (e.g.; ROI; factory costs) and their inter-relationships.
- Coach and mentor a team member to reach their goals and objectives
Bachelor’s Degree Required: BA or BS in Supply Chain Management preferred.
3-5 years’ experience in Supply Chain or logistics functions is preferred. Experience may include manufacturing or distribution environment; experience with financial modeling and analysis; knowledge of materials and inventory computer systems; thorough understanding of Abbott planning / inventory management or distribution systems; demonstrated project leadership; transportation supplier experience; exposure to international affiliate operations and their needs and regulations.
Industry experience with LTL and TL modes of transportation. SAP and QlickView experience is a plus.