Library Associate Lafayette Branch Jobs Vacancy in City Norfolk Norfolk
City Norfolk Norfolk urgently required following position for Library Associate Lafayette Branch. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Library Associate Lafayette Branch Jobs Vacancy in City Norfolk Norfolk Jobs Details:
The City of Norfolk's Public Library is seeking candidates for an experienced, part-time Library Associate I for the Lafayette Branch Library. The Library Associate I will be responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the Lafayette Branch Library. Work involves working all public desks, participating in program planning and reference work, supervising in the absence of senior staff, and overseeing volunteers.
Norfolk Public Library became the first free public library in Virginia in 1904, and its collection includes classic and popular items from the late 19th century to today. Norfolk Public Library provides equal opportunity access to information, high quality book and multimedia materials, programs, exhibits, and on-line resources to meet the needs of our diverse community for life-long learning, cultural enrichment, and intellectual stimulation. To fulfill its mission, the Library employs a knowledgeable, well-trained staff committed to excellent service and civility. Essential Functions
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Provides library service by assisting patrons with reference questions, locating material, and providing assistance with computers and other equipment.
- Performs circulation activities by checking material in and out, reserving material, coordinating interlibrary loans, registering new patrons, and collecting fees.
- Maintains the adult fiction collection by ordering new and replacement books and continuously weeding and assessing the collection. Keeps up-to-date on bestsellers and other popular and award-winning fiction. Keeps current on available audio-fiction and e-fiction.
- Responsible for staff e-resource knowledge and expertise. Represents the branch at system-wide e-resource meetings and trainings.
- Reviews library card applications, edits the information in Workflows, and sends corrected applications to the Circulation Department.
- Assists in the training of Library/Computer Aides.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
One year of experience in library or related services.
Driver's License or Commercial Driver's License depending upon area of assignment.
The preferred candidate will possess:
- Some work experience in a public or academic library.
Work Location: Lafayette Branch Library, 1610 Cromwell Drive, Norfolk, VA 23509