Administrative Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Arizona State University West
Arizona State University West urgently required following position for Administrative Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Arizona State University West Jobs Details:
Executes a variety of administrative activities for supervisor such as compose and prepare correspondence, agendas and notices. Takes meeting minutes. Summarizes reports. Investigates, evaluates and resolves problems within the scope of the position.
Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of executive-level administrative support experience; OR, Nine (9) years of executive-level administrative support experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Experience in a wide variety of administrative functions including calendaring, scheduling, and word processing.
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of topics, including confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of effective interpersonal communication skill
- Experience in academic environment
- Experience in work that requires attention to detail and follow through
- Demonstrated knowledge of community relations principles and practices
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, key boarding and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 20 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Communicate to perform essential duties.
- Expected to be responsive to customers, engaged in work production, resourceful, flexible and respectful of others.
- Travel involving operation of a motor vehicle. Must have access to an automobile, and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license.
A government, community and economic development team unparalleled in talent, service, ability to influence and in building meaningful relationships.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.