Recreation Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Horizons Youth Services North Texas Job Corps McKinney
Horizons Youth Services North Texas Job Corps McKinney urgently required following position for Recreation Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Recreation Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Horizons Youth Services North Texas Job Corps McKinney Jobs Details:
Do you enjoy working with youth ages 16-24? Do you like to have FUN while you work? Are you able to work an 8 hour shift that may include afternoons, nights, and/or weekends? Do you have a Class B Commercial Driver's License or are you willing to obtain it? If so, this may be the job for you!
Job Summary: Responsible for the conduct and instruction of a specific recreation activity or several closely related activities.
- Direct and supervise the work of recreation leaders, non-professional personnel, and volunteers who may be assigned to assist in the instructional phase of the specified activity.
- Serves as an instructor in a specialty field of recreation as scheduled, with considerable freedom as to approach, method and subject material.
- Explains and demonstrates the uses of supplies and equipment, and the techniques and procedures used in the activity sessions.
- Maintains equipment and supplies necessary for classes and/or instruction.
- Exercises professional judgement and responsibility in the conduct of the specialty activities.
- Requisitions necessary materials and supplies.
- Participates in planning course content for recreation and leisure time learning programs.
- Assists other recreation staff in working to meet the specific interests of students.
- Assists with administrative duties of the recreation program.
- Plans and conducts field trips
- Trains and supervises assigned staff and volunteers in the activities and related services;
- Uses computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software in performing work assignments.
- Keeps a daily record of attendance in the assigned recreational activities, arts and crafts, movie, weight room, intramurals, etc.
- Maintains discipline, cleanliness and inventory control in assigned areas.
- Posts schedules of monthly activities and special events.
- Submits a schedule of special activities for the upcoming month to supervisor on the last Wednesday of each month.
- Submits list of monthly off-center cultural activities and other events, which will be placed on the upcoming month’s calendar of off-center trips.
- Maintains a stocked first aid kit in assigned area where it is clearly visible and accessible.
- Assists in recruitment of volunteers and supervises and gives direction to any volunteer personnel assigned to the recreation area.
- Projects a positive self-image and encourages enthusiastic participation in recreation programs.
- Chaperones and directs off-Center trips and ensures necessary funds are available for the trips.
- Submits time sheets and other reports timely and according to center policy.
- Assists with and trains student leaders according to center policy.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
- Helps students become more employable through continuous reinforcement.
- Participates in mandated staff training.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the individual’s scope and capabilities.
Qualifications and Experience: Associate of Arts Degree or 1 year of related experience working with youth. Valid state driver’s license with Class B CDL.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand and walk; to reach with hands and arms and talk and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.46 /hour
- recreation: 1 year
- McKinney, TX
- Class B CDL