Credentialed Medical Assistant Rex Heart And Vascular Jobs Vacancy in Unc Health Care Raleigh
- Credentialed Medical Assistant Rex Heart And Vascular
- Unc Health Care
- Raleigh NC
- 16 Feb, 2018 30+ days ago
Unc Health Care Raleigh urgently required following position for Credentialed Medical Assistant Rex Heart And Vascular. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Credentialed Medical Assistant Rex Heart And Vascular Jobs Vacancy in Unc Health Care Raleigh Jobs Details:
- Maintaining an environment of safety for patients, self and others
- Participating in all safety practices as required by the department by adhering to the institution's and department's policies, procedures and regulatory standards
- Providing direct patient care under the delegation of licensed nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and physicians and documenting any care provided in the patient's medical record
- Collaborating with the nurses and providers to implement a plan of care and reinforce patient education
- Administering medication per role and pharmacy approval
- Dressing wounds
- Obtaining EKG and/or Rhythm Strips
- Applying the heart monitor on patients as ordered by the physicians, hooking up the monitor, enrolling the patient with Life Watch over the phone, sending a baseline EKG transmission and instructing the patient on the use of the monitor
- Assisting with and operating equipment as required by the assigned patient population, cleaning and maintaining the EKG machines and calling a representative when the machine is not working properly
- Performing daily quality control on the defibulator at the nurse's station
- Performing administrative functions as required by the department
- Accepting supervision and training from RNs, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and physicians to establish and maintain clinical competencies required by the department
- Contributing to performance improvement activities
Candidate is required to have graduated from an accredited certified medical assisting program, have a Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification and be credentialed by at least one of the following organizations:The American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) as a CMA, The National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) as a NCMA, The National Healthcare Association (NHA) as a CCMA and/or The American Medical Technologist (AMT) as an RMA.
Primary LocationUnited States-North Carolina-Raleigh
DepartmentREXH-26940-Rex NC Heart & Vascular