Senior Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Mlb Com New York
Mlb Com New York urgently required following position for Senior Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Mlb Com New York Jobs Details:
MLBAM is seeking a top tier candidate for a Senior Accountant with a positive attitude, self-starter and highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for supporting the monthly close processes, as well as supporting and initiating general accounting process improvements to gain efficiencies and strengthen the overall control environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and internal controls and can exceed in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Perform expense account analyses and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects, enhancing the internal controls over accounting processes and systems.
- Analyze contracts on a weekly basis to ensure they are recorded appropriately
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances.
- Bank account reconciliations
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners.
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility, including preparation of audit schedules
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting, analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Support financial reporting and planning teams, as necessary
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- 7+ years of accounting experience (Big 4 experience preferred)
- 2+ years of relevant month-end close experience
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP and internal controls
- Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out of the box”
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) is required